Rater Training

Discussion in 'i3 Research' started by Anonymous, May 14, 2008 at 9:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the i3 rater training group any good?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amy Veroff has been removed as head of rater training group at i3 due to poor management. The group is now back as part of the CRO and a new person was brought in to head it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, and she almost got fired last year- something about some potential fraud or unethical behavior with a client company. HR wanted to can her

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She is a lunatic who could not manage her group, its finances or track their business properly. She never did have capabilities to even get the CNTB going. Just ask Don Connor- he was let go and hopefully is back in academia successfully.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amy Veroff is being fired. It is about time. She should have stayed in academia.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kim is leaving i3.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

forget i3 rater training. go with other company such as medavante

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

God NO!!! It's crap. Stay clear

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not really. at least they know what they are doing. Also go with Medco, as they bought UBC

10. pfizerman

pfizerman Guest

epharmasolutions has been doing a good job. they hired a bunch of clinicians from ubc a while ago

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, they hired the ones Medco did not want to keep. either epharma or medco is much better than anything i3 ever offered or offers

12. pfizerman

pfizerman Guest

the clinicians we have worked with at epharma have been there for 3-4 years. not sure about the medco comment as that acquisition only happened last year

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The person who said ePharma hired the people that Medco did not want is way off base.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The comments about Amy Veroff are written by people who do not know what they are talking about. She was not forced out and there were never any ethical issues.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have waited before posting--actually several months. I was at i3. I knew the group...and Veroff. There is substance to the allegations. I cannot speak to the scope of that substance but she was reported in to the regulatory compliance group on at least one occasion. I know because I was the reporter. What is stated above actually appears to be a separate incident so I can't comment directly about that one, but it would be consistent.
    As for Veroff's management style, it is regrettable but true that she was a terrible manager--I would rather not say how bad--just very bad

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has been drawn to my attention that my name was used in an earlier post without my knowledge. Since this has been brought up to me several times over the years I just want to correct the perception. I left a directorship at an excellent research center to work at i3 because I thought they were a superb group and I was impressed with Amy's drive and vision. I have great respect for Amy's intelligence and skills. While we did not always agree, it was always an intellectual disagreement and I think we both got something out of the discussions and always came away with mutual respect. I also have nothing but good impressions of the others I worked with there, most being PhDs and Master's degree level, who I believe are now working for Inventive Health and cogstate (?). I was only at i3 a short time as I was let go as part of the sale of the division and have no hard feelings towards anyone. I have no current relationship with any of the previously-know-as-i3 group. I appreciate the good wishes from the person who previously posted.
    Sincerely,
    Don Connor