Catch-22 With CROs

Discussion in 'CROs - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in medical sales and very happy but have a friend with 30 years in both academia and industry specializing in clinical trials of a huge variety of medical and surgical devices including software and implants but they can't even get an interview with a CRO. What's the magic word, if there is one?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

overqualified...they can't afford him. Try big Pharma

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

or go away from traditional CROs and try a niche provider in one his specialties or a strategic provider like RPS (www.rpsweb.com).

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You didnt say what the did exactly. Can the CROs match up the applicants experience with the job description?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seeking feedback please.....I have been in the pharma industry for 20 years. (one company) I would love to work for a CRO. Is this a possible transition? Currently in position to consider the jump.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is definitely possible, and indeed is much more prevalent than it used to be (5 years ago no one would consider going from pharma to CRO...now with all the pharma layoffs it's becoming more attractive to go to CRO). It really depends on what your area of experience is, but in general it's pretty easy to make the jump from Pharma to CRO. Good luck!