Tips how to choose a CRO

Discussion in 'CROs - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jan 7, 2011 at 1:21 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a look to a new web site www.admescope.com to find lots of tips and advice how to choose a CRO suitable for your needs, and how to work with them. The pages also contain lots of help and information regarding conduction of ADME assays.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't need a website to chose a CRO, all you have to do is choose mine as we are the best.

I work at (insert your favorite CRO name here).

Thank you

Intern Marketing Associate @ Best CRO Ever.com

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Step 1: Find the lowest bidder for your RFP

Step 2: Make the CRO bend to your every whim

Step 3: Ask for justification for each revenue task they bill you for

Step 4: Laugh at their misery

Step 5: Withdraw your IND as the CRO you chose goes belly up after ensuing FDA audits

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wouldn't recommend Quintiles. They can't meet deadlines and the quality of their work is very poor. I've heard they are struggling so they are underbidding hoping to get contracts, but they are horrible delivering on time. I've heard their employees are unhappy and jumping ship. Seems to be a lot of fighting between internal departments, which has distracted business.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is ludicrous. Quintiles is struggling? Shows how much you know about the industry. Quintiles has an incredibly healthy backlog of business and they are winning big awards every single month. Under bidding? No. Pharma pays a premium because of the high quality of work from Quintiles.

You don't know a thing about Quintiles.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmmm $8B, yes billion in backlog business, double digit growth, and consistently among the best places to work in Healthcare...are there challenges and issues that Quintiles faces ? Of course. But this BS "I've heard...." is ridiculous. I work at Quintiles and will be the first to say we struggle with challenges that many other companies struggle with every day. But I have had a very good experience there and I feel we have very strong leadership. So to those really interested in how things work at Quintiles, talk to folks who work there. Connect via LinkedIn and other sources but don't rely on these boards as a single source of the truth.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The people we have to work with at Quintiles are incompentent boobs. They refuse to follow our processes and require way too much babysitting.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe your processes suck

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok, for those of us who aren't at quintiles, what are the good CROs? Sounds like they're all the same.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

INC suck

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ICON is good

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharm-Olam is good

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ICON was good. from financial reports Parexel appears to be beating them on the Pfizer work ramp-up and Cutler, Murray and Britton are turning the culture inside out. The floodgates are open - many long-term key employees are bailing out, turnover is going up. The cooperative, apolitical, focus on the customer culture is gone. Now its just another CRO full of senior management political fighting and jockeying, heavy focus on billable work; end result will be the nonbillable departments of finance, IT, HR, proposals understaffed, overworked, internal infrastructure will suffer, but those quarterly earnings will sure look good.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about CROfessionals?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quintiles senior leadership team is worthless. They all need to be terminated. They are complete idiots and make horrible decisions daily. It's time for a change - Dennis Gillings has stepped aside and it's time for his idiot team to step aside, too.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they're all bad, it's hopeless.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quintiles is a horrible and hostile work environment. They need to stop believing that they are a great employer. They could easily be represented on the WORST PLACE TO WORK list.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am being considered for a position at PharmaNet. What is going on? They are giving me 19 PTO days so what are you talking about taking PTO away? What health insurance does PharmaNet have in Princeton? Can someone tell me what to expect?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay away from Quintiles - they suck