Interviewing this week. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2011 at 11:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been a specialty rep in big pharma for 5 years and got caught in a downsize. Really need a job to support my family. I've never been in the ophthalmology industry but will take anything right now.

What should I look for in an interview with Ista?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry about the layoff stuff. Most of the sales force has gone through it. Show some heart and don't get caught up on big pharma mentality. This company is small and doesn't want to be associated with big pharma. Good luck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I came from big Pharma and I struggle to find a difference in Ista. Other than the small size the mentality is exactly the same as my former company.

If you need a job then you need a job. Don't come here thinking it is going to be drastically different from big Pharma. I hear from the old timers it apparently was different at one time but we missed it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RUN Forest RUN! This company is torture! 3 day ride alongs! Yes 3 days! No budget! They paid people for negative growth....Negative growth? Really?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you had a 3-day ride-a-long you must be in serious trouble as a territory manager. Incentives for 2011 have been revised to give every mgr a fair shake.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi there! Sorry for all the BS replies your getting! What territory are you interviewing for? As a TM in the Western part of the US, I can tell you there are several pros and cons to ISTA. However, i can honestly say that this opportunity your interviewing for will not be long term. I advise you to reach out to your family O.D, or Ophth, and see what the staff can tell you about their experiences with the company! Hope this helps!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS replies? I think your reply was BS! Who do you think you are? The comment police? Typical Ista loser. And, I work for Ista.....Sad

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not sure what territory this person is interviewing with but I just interviewed yesterday for the Tulsa territory. Curious what you'all might know about the DM out of Dallas

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Going in for a second interview with him and I'm not sure he knows what it is like to be a manager. Every time I asked him a question about his team or his style of being a manager he danced around it. The DM from North Carolina was more intune with things than MM.

Will interview but I'm not sold on the fact that he has a high turnover. Seemed like he was hitting on me after our interview. I want to make sure I am working for a professional person.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Becareful what you wish for Tulsa reps. This manager has way too much turnover and he is not the most ethical manager we have. We do need to fill this position but it will take a special someone to make this job work and to keep him off of you. Think about it. He has had trouble with certain females within the company all ready. Good luck to whom ever and I can't wait to have you join our team.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

free advice, no job is perfect, if you work hard and doing things the right way and stay out of trouble, its a great place to work

if you sit around, while you should be working, and think of ways to manipulate the system or other childish nonsense, then its not for you

if you work hard you make money. Also you get a car, year end kickers, and many other perks you dont get out outside of pharma, or even with other pharma companies.

just find out whats best for you and your familiy

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good advice. I wouldn't listen to 90% of the B.S. you read on these boards. ISTA is a good company and if you work hard you will be rewarded.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agree with the last post. Just use the "star" format when answering questions and be "real"!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good company but some bad managers...stay away from MP in Chicago I think he is a eal bitch & so do the customers & her reps. truth hurts

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, MP MGT STYLE, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, you will never do anything to her satisfaction. C_NT, she is what she is.