Is it really that bad???

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Apr 25, 2011 at 3:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some reps have to be doing well. I understand why people are leaving, but be more specific. What type of micro managing techniques are they using?

How and the heck can you beat Alcon and Allergen?

Will they pay over 80k for a really experienced rep?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if by micro managing you mean pulling your call records and grilling you about why "you were here or there" and why would you do it?" well simply trying to get to 90%, checking up on your expenses if you list a dr at lunch or program do you have a call in on dr., but not ? if you listed it as a direct marketing expense. constant motivation by fear and intimidation.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is this B.S.? These aren't ISTA people messaging this crap. Go to another board for your jollies.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you suck, you get micromanaged--same as everywhere else.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, they micromanage everyone. Top reps are leaving, average reps are leaving and bad reps are leaving. What does this tell you? Ista is losing on average more than 1 rep a week. I have never worked for a company with such high turnover. They will turnover more than a third of the sales force this year. You will always have some turnover but this rate is extreme. I think this says it all.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wa wa

go away if you want to bitch or just quit

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you go the ISTA's web site and look at the jobs being advertised, there aren't that many for TM's. ISTA will be expanding the sales force again by the 3rd - 4th quarter. If this is an ISTA rep posting this you need to get another job and get a life.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are going to be expanding? Really? To sell what? Generic bromfenac?

I also see where you think just because there are "only" 11 open position this is a good sign. I don't think 7% of our territories not having a sales rep is a good thing. There has probably been around 25 reps leave just since January. This is a very large number for a small sales force in a bad job market where it is difficult to find a new job.

I just want you to know this is my first time writing on Cafe Pharma. I read this thread and finally felt like I needed to reply to something concerning me.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read the other company boards and they have the same nay sayers there that I read here. Pharmaceutical sales is absolutely the easiest sales position in the world, and believe me, I've sold a lot of things. Damn good pay and about 6 hrs a day and 5 1/2 days a week of "work". Instead of talking positives, all I hear on most of these boards is negative sh*t. Maybe it might not be a bad thing if pharm sales does go away in the next five years. Then some of you will remember the good old days and how you took advantage of it and screwed it up.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not a "non profit" organization! Just get sales results and you will be fine

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes it is, huge turn over, now generic for Xibrom to hit market, things will get worse

yes they will pay over $80, my base is higher than that, if you come here do it for short term and keep looking....you will want to leave or there will be a down size.

It is true top performers down all looking for something else.

good luck