There is no honor or purpose in this job anymore.

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, May 19, 2011 at 2:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am hopeful that I am leaving the profession soon. How many of you are also trying to get out of pharma? Into what other professions? I wish all of you the best. These are rough times out here in the field.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consider yourself lucky to have made over 100K. If you`re still employed, enjoy.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't go away mad just go away! Is there any honor in your self pity? Do us all a favor and resign today you f n loser!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem for many of us who have been doing this for a few years is that we are comparing what it was like when we first started to what this job has become. I know I remain because of the compensation and benefits and I am very thankful for that. I also understand there are few livelihoods that pay what we make and allow this degree of freedom, all the crap we're going through aside.

Perhaps the situation would improve if we had leadership who were honest and provided direction and a portfolio of products that begs doctors to engage with us.

Is it possible that moving to another company with better products might improve the situation? Probably not.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm out of the industry but still in the medical field. I saw four different reps with four different companies this week and they all were saying the same thing. The industry has changed, not for the better and they didn't see it getting any better. Layoff rumors abound at all companies. The only thing I noticed is none of them complained about their leadership the way the SA folks do so from a leadership standpoint, a change in companies may be good however the industry as a whole is shrinking and will continue to do so. The best bet is a contract but how stable can that really be? I got downsized in the December. It sucked at the time but I was better prepared than most. I started my own company and I am doing well. My severance has allowed me to do this without having to take anything from the company. About the time my severance runs out, I will be profitable and can start drawing a salary. My company was a low start up cost endeavor and will reach profitability within about 3-4 months and I should be able to replace my income within a year. I don't have a company car and gas prices suck right now but at least I'm not going through any more hell at SA. The golden handcuffs are off and life is great. There are other things out there besides pharma. I wish everyone the best in whatever you decide to do.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why all the drama? If you are searching for enlightenment or the meaning of life at any job you are misguided. Work is a means to an end. This really good job allows you to provide a great life for you and your family. Find your purpose with you family, friends, or faith, but definitely not at work. No one is keeping you here. You hold all the cards and can leave anytime you want. Let it go.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if they don't give you a nervous breakdown first.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company should uphold their own standards & competencies first! Enough with trying to steal everyone's money until someone catches on & then "Oh, there has been a mistake with the numbers"........ Sure, the mistake is, we noticed. Are we doing so well that they now don't want to pay out? STOP the lies, the deceit, stop trying to find something wrong with your sales force & look at the man/woman in the mirror! The new competencies are ridiculous. We have never seen anything negative on there before. Lets uphold the ridiculous expectations (that are meant to fail a person at some point) on your level first! Bring back Quest. A system that made sense, that worked, that was helpful and useful & was quick! We can't even run gap reports anymore. Correct one's that is. Stop wasting everyone's time with unnecessary teleconferences & all these extra tools that you're just trying to then hit someone with the fact that they might not use them to your liking. Worry about the important things. Get your numbers correct! This is a s ales organization! Let's not forget that. If the numbers aren't there, the shareholders aren't happy. I don't think they care what tools we use to sell. They care about the results. So, stop wasting time, do your own jobs correct! We do ours but it seems as though the ball has been dropped time & time again. You need to look in the mirror & get YOUR swagger back on. We've had ours. You need to be the leaders & lead. You need to get your numbers correct. You need to put your attention to what's important, like competition. You need to stop trying to find negative behaviors in others & change yours. Show us by demonstrating and executing these values on your end.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. The OP of this thread is clueless and misguided. Seems to be confusing family and loved ones with jobs. The only "honor and purpose" should come from family/friends and not jobs. A job gives you the money to support the lifestyle that you want to live and nothing more.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we don't find meaning in our work then we must sure spend a lot of our living years doing purposeless activities - even when we obtain meaning from our family lives. The money we earn isn't everything about a job, what we do should be important to us as well. Whether that means we find meaning in the work by making a difference or meaning in the resources it provides for our families you still have to find meaning and purpose in what you do. I hate this job but I kniw if I don't get out there I cannot provide for my family. I don't know that thete are many reps that love the job for the job. I wish management would quit with the whole we make a difference in patients' lives crap because this whole deal is about money and quotas and share price nothing else. Whatever. I make a six figure base salary to make a difference for shareholders, that is, until we're all cut to make room for the future digital rep and contract reps at 1/3 the cost of all of us out here making a difference.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your 6 figs makes a difference for you and your family. Remember, you`re the CEO and primary share holder of your family. PERIOD

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am so glad I was canned in December. It made me realize what a scam job pharmaceutical sales is! Face it! You sell nothing!! All pharma sales is, is disseminating information and the doctors are sick of hearing the BS. Why do you think Sanofi has so much busy work horseshit, teleconferences, role playing, and idiotic business meetings? Because there's no real work that Reps do so they've got to make you do something that appears like work. I agree, there is no honor or purpose in this job. If any of you feel you're really selling, wake up!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the last poster.. you are 100 percent correct, and I think the majority of us all realize it, its just some emotionally need to vent, thus they spew here. I will gladly take the paycheck, benefits, freedom, till the end. I consider myself a better "actor" than sales rep right now, because that is all this job is. Act in front of your boss, the meetings, etc... and maybe two the three times a week, four if I am lucky, do I get the chance to even talk to a doctor. And then what? Doctor you've been writing Plavix for over a decade but I want to remind you why...? Please its enough to make you puke. But its a game and most of us play it well. I also have a boss who is a realist so it makes it a bit more tolerable.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you make a 6 figs and have a good boss............. but you`re complaining........ You are a total tool and one lying SOB. It`s no secret for any employed rep that having a good boss and making 6 figs is the golden ticket to this job. Now for the unemployed rep like yourself...... trash it all and get agitated on here...... perhaps its good therapy for you but it does not change the fact that you were let go.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's...moron

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You stupid shit-head, I was just responding to the poster. And I'm being honest.. I have the best DM in the company, yes make 6 figures, work a side job for the past 10 years to boot, and you come on here like Dr Phil. the poster is correct, thats all I said. I'm not mad or agitated, in fact if you read your heated response its you bud that have the issues.

I'm staying till the end, have a fat Multaq bonus comming along with Plavix and a boss that protects his reps from all the BS. By the way shouldnt you be more concerned about your next unemployment check or perhaps a job at macDonalds. You stupid idiot.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't get it!, asswipe,. I am GLAD, GLAD, GLAD I was let go. I stopped working 9 months before and rode this horse til it gave out. Wake up you POS! You SELL NOTHING!! All you are is an ambassador of good will.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank God for you, an honest, realistic Rep. You know what's going on and the game you have to play. Good luck to you!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yes I get it asswipe... I agree with you I sell nothing... do the programs, lunches, and try not to get in the way of anybody in the offices. Still have a few long standing relationships in cardiology, but make no bones about it, they are not my friends, most of them are cordial and will help me out where they can in terms of writing scripts when appropiate and managed care allows. But unlike you... and made the decision to ride this out till the end, if its 6 months, a year, who cares... I have a backup plan. Why give up the paycheck, benefits and a great manager. Now I realize that can change in a heartbeat an if it does and I get an A hole well maybe then my attitude changes towards hanging in there.
    But dont knock me for being a realist and at least being honest. This job is a gift in this economy and we all know it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and the truth comes out. You quit working 9 monhs before you were let go, yet you're complaining that the job has no meaning or purpose. Perhaps it has no meaning or purpose because you don't actually do it. You are common, nothing special--a shit head who is waiting for someone/something else to come do everything for him. If you want your job to matter to you, then make it matter. You're 100% in control of what you put into your job and what you get out of your job. Quit being a fucking crybaby victim. Poor, poor you.

I'm glad you were let go as well. When companies cut loose fucks like you, what's left is a better company. Thanks for going!