Wow! I spent $300 on lunch today and actually got to talk to a doctor for 30 seconds!

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With that much quality time, I was able to do a full NGSA vis aid detail, and went through every page of the key Lantus and Apidra clinicals. I was able to get him to committ to writing only Apidra & Lantus!! All of the reps in my 12 member Lantus Apidra POD are as effective as me and we feel so lucky to have these jobs! There are no problems when we run into each other every other call because our customers love it when 2-3 reps call on them at one time. In fact, it's been requested to have us bring in our managers on those multi-rep calls too! I am so pumped to be here and I am definitely not looking for another job or waiting for a severance.

This job is a complete joke and is as completely make believe as the above satire. Everyone just trying to look busy while sucking down their six figure incomes.

This has to end at some point.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Wow! I spent $300 on lunch today and actually got to talk to a doctor for 30 seco

How about we start with you-- "You're fired"

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Wow! I spent $300 on lunch today and actually got to talk to a doctor for 30 seco

MAYBE THE OP SHOULD'VE SHOWN MORE OF THE CORE COMPETENCY OF STRIVING FOR RESULTS BY HOG TYING THE DOC AND CLOSING HIM MORE EFFECTIVELY. IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THIS IS THE REP'S FAULT AND NOT RELATED TO THE CURRENT SELLING ENVIRONMENT CREATED BY THE PHARMA INDUSTRY AND GOVERNMENT. COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE THAT.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ride the gravy train till the end boys and girls, what a great part-time job this is. Yes it has to end sometime, but until then enjoy. If you get stressed out, go for a 2 hour joy ride, its summer.... screw CV and the upper management A holes.!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same story for me as the OP. Even lunches have become a complete waste as we feed all of the nurses and office cows and get 10 to 30 seconds with an actual doctor. It shocks me the cuts in December weren't deeper because most pharma reps are like tits on a bull, probably myself included because does Lantus really need to be detailed anymore? Lantus is about at the same point in its product life cycle that Nexium was when they stopped the heavy rep promotion. They switched to an online and mail order sampling, with e-detailing, and look at the success of that product still to this day. Nexium faced similar levels of competitive challenges from Protonix, Prevacid, and others, but continued to thrive in spite of having no rep promotion. It can be done people, don't think for one second you can't be cut or that you'd be missed. The digital rep replacements are an inevitability.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That works out to $10/second of face time with the doc. What's to complain about?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Imagine that! Doctors able to remember how to prescribe an effective drug WITHOUT being reminded by a rep 2 -3 times a week! Amazing!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazing you ever stood in front of a doctor. Maybe you didn't. Imagine that a doctor just might have his or her opinion changed what transpires during those seconds. Prescribing habits change when reps say something compelling to doctors no matter how long it takes, which means if they are batting .300 for the day, they've earned their salaries.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You my friend are a clueless sycophant. May I ask how you attribute the success of the myriad of award winners through the years who were piece of crap reps? I guess they were batting .300? This profession is laughable and you know it. Viehbacher could lay off over half of the reps remaining in the United States today and there would still be successful sales results. The charade of pharmaceutical sales will end soon my friend.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at you. Loser, unemployed stooge who was shown the door and can`t move past it. Don`t know of many employed reps making over 6 figs who would waste so much time complaining over and over about the same things. So the job has flaws, who gives a rats rear end if you`re employed and making well above the median income level with your wages. Beat it you stooge!!!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BTW, save the crap about the instability of pharma. Pharma is one of a long list of industries suffering right now. Take it year to year. make your 6 figs and enjoy your life. As far as yourself, get a job and end your misery you negative ned.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP IS SPOT ON HERE. JUST A TYPICAL DAY IN THE LIFE. WE ARE AN OVERPAID OBSOLETE PROFESSION. THESE UGLY TIMES WILL GET WORSE BEFORE THEY GET BETTER. I JUST HOPE THE PACKAGE THIS TIME AROUND IS AS GOOD AS LAST TIME.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have been told you need to make a perfect call ten times a day, relax. Management realizes that isn't going to happen but what's wrong with focusing on one or two customers a day who you know you can see and will move your market share?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hmmm...shouldn't you be "working" instead of posting on cf? Whose the loser? Oh, and I am sure unemployed too...not me, pal.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHO's the loser? Pretty sure it's you, idiot!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because none of the the drs that make a difference will see you slugs.