THE COMING PHARMACEUTICAL SALES LAYOFF SUPERSTORM?

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2011 at 12:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have any of you been following the big pharma threads on CP? Pfizer, Merck, AstraZeneca, Glaxo, Novartis, Abbott, and J&J all have more layoffs planned this year. When monkey see monkey do leadership at Sanofi get wind of this, they are sure to follow suit. With all of the drugs going off patent this and next year, there is going to be a bloodbath in this industry. I predict once a company, like Sanofi who claims to be set for the future, sees how others are getting along without all the reps will inevitably cut more staff. VIEHBACHER IS NO FAN OF THE SALES TEAMS.

How long do you really think we have here? My DSM told me that they budgeted the sales teams as they are through 2011, and that Paris could easily decide the US ROI is not worth the staffing levels we are currently supporting here. Has anyone else in the diabetes unit had managers admit they really didn't need to fill vacancies, but did it anyways to make it appear they needed people in those spots? My manager admitted to this.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instead of putting all your energy into that post, put it into your Plan B since you are so sure we are going bye bye.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ROI? What ROI?,....really, when was the last time you sold anything ? really ?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been with the company for six years now with top performance. I have taken Lantus to incredible levels in my territory. There is no way I will be one of the reps let go. All the slackers need to be worried.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you come to CP to brag... sure buddy try again.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a dumb shit! I Was a Paris winner last year and less than a year after returning from Europe I was let go. Nobody is safe fool!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here are a few additional factoids that help explain the steady crushing layoff pressures in this industry..

(1) Launch adoption curves are slower..the 1 year range of shares for drug launches 2007-2010 is only 75% of the range of shares for launches 2002-2006 (think Mulcrap!)

(2) A drug reaches 90% of the market share it will EVER have within 2 years of launch (so taper promotional effort..note Mulcrap is nearing 2 years post launch)

(3) Return on Equity for pharmaceutical detailing is down approximately 35-40% from 2006 through 2010.

(4) Some companies have pulled off reps from detailing early on end stage products (12-18 months before patent expires) and been able to maintain the same trendline

I think within the next 1-2 years the Sunshine Laws, nearly every physician being employed in an ACO and being required to see a patient every 8 minutes, and the influx of 33 million patients into the office without the necessary volume of doctors trained to see them will be the final 3 stakes in the current model, driving access from sporadic to nonexistent.

At that point, the RML's (getting very close to your customers lately..aren't they?) and QIM's and hospital reps take over...and the rest of us seek our next career..

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMAO So true WE ARE NOT TRUE SALESMEN. We are parrots who delieverd pre-canned messages. Sure, we can try to help persuade a doc to think our drug is better than the generic or competitor, but no actual sales deals take place. It is PR and Karketing that we do. We were all just brain washed in big pharm from day 1 that we're "sales professionals" so they could classify us as such with FLSA and not have to pay out overtime for all the work and travel required outside 8-5. Fockers. And no, I do not have a six fig salary....not even close.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell that to the multi- Natl Award winners that were laid off in Dec., big guy. You are in a pipe dream.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're absolutely right! Best buddy won National award last year and was let go!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think this is a joke....many a #1 territory has a vacant rep.