EMA announces decision for Multaq this September

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Jul 21, 2011 at 1:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, it looks like a stay of execution for Multaq in the EU. But its not a vote of confidence either. The EMA said it would present their findngs in September. The FDA reveiw doesn't have a date but possible in September as well. However the completion of both reviews will probably not allow for a meeting in September either. Sanofi won't know which direction to take until after the reveiws are presented. Maybe October or November if there is a meeting at all. Or maybe the announcement of layoffs after the two regulatory boards announce their findings. Hmm!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See FDA post this afternoon. Also more to come in Sept when all pallas data is available. The chart they posted is bad enough!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check out theheart.org for a detailed update on Multaq - the serious events chart looks worse in color... I think come September there will be enough doubt on the safety of Multaq (doubt on efficacy is already there) combined with the growth of Brilinta at the expense of Plavix so that the CV team is going to get heavily cut. Realistically 1 rep per market might work in a lot of markets. Sadly Sanofi doesn't have anything in the pipeline or in license negotiations that will justify keeping most reps around for the end of 2011 into 2012.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. Based on the wording my gut tells.me they are looking to pull this product period. No need for any reps. If they keep reps do you really believe a doc is going to write it. Down on efficacy , severe side effects with a branded price tag. Will anyone really be selling it that's to be determined. In the mean time people will be looking fiercely to exit.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL, you're back. I missed you, sweet pea. How's that issue with your sinus's. Still have all that SHIT up your nose, since your head is still stuck up your ass? You know, who cares?