I Love Working at Sanofi

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Jul 31, 2011 at 9:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't understand why people complain about working here.
    July was great. Hot, sunny, and I spent more time at the beach than at work. I expensed lunches and the beer. This is a great fn job.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a typical RSD.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Key word here is "working." What you do is not working. However, it is absolutely the only way anyone can stand "working" here. If you can do it, get away with it and not have an asshole manager (difficult to do), what could be easier than collecting a decent paycheck for screwing this company the way it screws all of its sales reps? All the more power to you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A good manager will catch the T&E fraud with little effort and fire the rep quickly. T&E fraud is one of the quickest ways to fire a rep.

What specifically has the company done to "screw all of its sales reps"?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The catch is that there aren't but a few good managers. Note that a manager that reads expense receipts will catch the fraud quickly. My manager routinely calls offices to verify lunches were actually held. I learned that quickly - reps in our district know better because she's caught people. Termination was quick following a review by T&E and HR.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manger cant find his nose on his face.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't need to know where your nose is to fire a rep for T&E fraud. You just have to read the receipts and call a few offices to verify the lunch. People that steal get caught sooner or later, whether at work or somewhere else.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hands Up! It's the CP Goody-Two-Shoes Police! For crying out loud, this is a blog where people complain and dis the company. Too bad you are "Mr. Serious" and can't see the blog for what it is. Now, you'd better go read some receipts and call all the offices in the morning so you can catch those thieves. What a dork!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know, I actually do like working here. No kidding. It is a good job. I like my boss, my products are good. My teammates work (most of the time). I get paid more than I should. Seriously, I like it.

If you don't... quit. I am not trying to be funny. Life is too fragile and short. Find something else. You will be much happier in the long run. Plus, you can stop writing all the negative stuff on CP.

If you don't like your job, do something about it. If the best you can do is complain on CF, you are a bigger looser than us suckers who like it here.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. Thats what I was saying. I love this job. BTW we work together. no reason to be tripping over each other. We are doing great numbers wise. So why all the crap about taking advantage of a great situation.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because fraud is serious. Stealing is serious. Keep taking advantage and you'll get caught. You're nothing more than a thief.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, it's CP (you do know that pharmaceuticals starts with ph not f, right?) and second, talk about LOSERS. You are as stupid as they come. No wonder you like it at Sanofi - you fit right in.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And, you're an idiot. Don't tell a lie. Like you're out there 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Who's the fraud now? And, if you are out there all that time, you're a bigger idiot than I originally thought.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am out before eight to get my child to preschool. Then I usually go get a signature and stop at starbucks. Then I go to the Gym. Then I get another signature. Then I go to lunch with a friend at a Deli or Panera and expense it. Then I get another signature. Then I go pick up kid and head home. Anyone that says they dont like this job will be sorry when they have to really work for a living.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then, you're either not the poster to whom my response was directed or if you are that poster, then you're a bigger fraud then anyone else, because the day you described is definitely NOT working.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bullshit bullshit bullshit if only it were this simple-the only possible way this is true is if you are cv right now and believe me they will eventually move your ass to another division where you will fill each day with the most miserable activities imaginable-my day starts with revisions on the business plan for the 35th time in 6 mos per manager request-print off gap report start hoofing it to offices hunting down targeted calls-1 or 2 targets per 35 miles-take 75 phone calls from 75 podmates discussing latest strategy for moving share with lantus and apidra-finally find a target that isnt out of town/on thier period/toobusy to sign for samples/in a meeting/left for the satellite office early/and get first fucking signature at 1045. start begging the office you are scheduled to have lunch with to tell you what they want to eat. Sit in the fucking car for an hour waiting for them to call you back and tell you they want something from a restuarant 25 miles away and some obscure energy drink to go with it sold only in thailand and ethiopa. pick up energy drinks and lunch drive 150 miles an hour to lunch appt and shlep in 55 lbs of food while the staff sits in the parking lot smoking and wont even hold door open for you. arrange food on table and try not to gag at all the filth and food left all over the break room from the days previous food orgy. sit and wait for anyone resembling a targeted doc to even walk by the room so you can shout out the words lantus and apidra and then run to car and drive 150 miles an hour to next office where the doctor has put a sign on the doorsaying no reps today. its now 2:30 and you have one signature. panic starts to set in when you realize that for the 40th time this quarter you have another useless teleconference starting in an hour and a half and your computer just died. start pulling all the cords out of your console looking for the one that will charge your computer so you can get the tc info off of it. unplug gps cord plug in battery charger and computer and now your phone is dying but not before you get a text from your manager reminding you your IDP/midyear/exp report/mileage report/business analysis/ and request for promotional funding is due today at 5 pm. Drive to next office while looking at text message/computer screen/and gps. Plug in phone to charge. realize for the 4th day in a row you are not going to make it to pick up kids at daycare. call backup and try to explain. While you are begging for help with kids the other line is going off b/c your colleague just got put on coaching letter. Make a pharmacy call just to make yourself feel better. Pick up antacids. stop at another office and sit in lobby until nurse comes out 30 minutes later to say the doctor had to leave. Make another pharmacy call near your house pick up rxs for valium and cymbalta and avalide. log onto teleconference. pull into driveway at 530. Check email and start reports. decide to take up smoking again and do so on back porch with vengeance once kids in bed. dread the fact that tomorrow will be exactly like today with minor variations. Cry self to sleep.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all--MAKE PHARMACY CALL? What are you an fn r*****? Don't answer your phone and use same report, IDP, Midyear you sent last five years just change the dates and names,
    WTF is a mileage report?
    I have an idea. Get an L tattooed on your forehead. Oh, and stop having kids. It may be hereditary

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the best review of a typical day because this is the truth of our working lives. So
    while others will tell you you need an attitude adjustment or to "get a life" or "get out," you have my vote. This is what we go through in order to make the day work. And, isn't it
    true that those waiting for lunch do NOT even hold open the door while you are schlepping
    50 lbs. of food into the decrepit, dirty, unkempt, size of a donut lunch room? Satire is great. This is the truth of what we do more often than not. As a manager, I could kiss my reps' feet because of their due diligence and efforts to make it work.

How do we change it? Don't schlep as much as you can, ask people to help with the door(s), tell the people you are confirming lunch a week or so ahead of time and will not be calling back before the lunch to re-confirm again,and make sure as much as possible that the providers will make themselves available. If not, why waste the company funds? It is ridiculous how hard we try to make it work and how little support we sometimes get. At the end of the day, we have to be able to drive home with self-respect and pride. Those are the goals anyway.

As for all the cords" it is horrifying how many cords and the balancing act reps do to keep everything charged. Cords: there are days that one could panick and look at the passenger seat because someone might have forgotten to lug out that albatross (computer) and be already 75 miles (some people drive more than that) enroute. A ton of cords in the teeny, tiny cars. The paycheck is a paycheck.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I had a few typo's. That doesn't mean I don't like it here. Doesn't really have much to do with my intellect. I don't always type well. But I can sell, and most likely rank higher than you. Is that why you are bitter?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love 15 hour weeks and exempt salary and bonus. Anyone who works more than 20 hours has to be retarded. Do you really think you will make a difference?