19k plan bonus a joke

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Aug 4, 2011 at 1:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the corporate reorganizations the past few years there have been some moves that make a rep wonder where their standing is with the company.
    --CVIN to Primary Care Diabetes
    --Primary Care Diabetes to Apidra Team (A specialty team without the title)
    --CVIN to Apidra Primary Care
    --Soon Multaq to whatever is left for them....

The point is, SANOFI has a great deal of tenure and diversity of talent and experience on various teams. If the company wants to have a respected sales team, then do away with different IC Plans except for Institutional, Oncology and Genzyme reps. Bonus attainment should be brought up to industry standards. When was the last time the Primary Care IC was increased? How many thousands of reps ago?

a couple of thousand dollars in IC potential would yield a lot more in effort from the ever-decreasing sales force at SANOFI.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bonuses will soon be a thing of the past (glaxo)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your bonus is worth $2,000 to $6,000 less than it was in 2007

Notice every other company in American pays cost of living and Sanofi only does for some of its reps..and not on the bonus

Here is a little fun..

If in 2007 your bonus was $19,000 if it moved with the GOVERMNENT (BLS) rate of inflation, it should have increased to $19,000 * (1.025) * (1.025) * (1.025) * (1.025) = $21,000 by 2011..you just lost $2,000 at target

What is worse is if you use the REAL rate of inflation from 2007-2011, explained here: http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts which was about 7%, your bonus should have increased from $19,000 in 2007 *(1.07) * (1.07) * (1.07) * (1.07) = $25,000 ..you just lost $6,000 at target

So if you wonder why not only your work environment SUCKS but you can't pay your bills as well either..NOW YOU KNOW!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I do agree that the bonus could be better, I was affected with a decreased bonus target during the last restructuring, bonus is just that a bonus. A lesson I learned before I got into pharma was that you live on your salary and that bonuses/commissions are the gravy. Put it into the bank, take a trip, but don't count on it to pay your bills.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no one would disagree. However, am weary of hearing all the corporate gobblegook for the justification for why this company does what it does. Don't repeat it - just know it and live with it and the consequences. This site is not for repeating the current corporate speak. There should be more individuality in terms of posts. Al the independent thinkers are gone including 55.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny. I worked for Aventis 9 years ago, and the bonus target was 18,000 then. You guys are getting screwed. I work for NNI now--our primary care reps have a target of $30,000.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so if you don't like it quit..no one is holding a gun to your head saying you must stay and accept a "lower bonus" ..besides...do you have a clue about what is going on in our industry. Im not saying SA dosnt make a good coin, but common, get real the pharma industry sucks thanks in great part to the government "take" of the system. Do you think for a second you have as much impact as a rep did 15 years ago...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novo rep as well here....just hit 174% of goal last quarter, made 13K plus.
    That means I made 72% of your yearly goal....in just one quarter. Ouch!

So basically, who cares if you have larger market share with Lantus?
    If you don't move your share - Sanofi doesn't pay you, anyway!
    Novo thinks otherwise...

I calls it like I sees it

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was a great little story! Now, tell us the one about The Bears and Goldilocks!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish he were lying. With the Victoza launch last year, I made 250%+ payout 2 quarters in a row. We have market share goals--goal is 10.0% market share, you hit 11%, that's 110% of goal, which equals about 200% of payout. Unlike you guys, our payout curve gets exponentially greater above 100%. 101% of goal equals 110% payout, 102% of goal equals 120% payout, etc.

Whether you like it or not, you're getting fucked. There are jobs out there (in pharma) significantly better than S-A.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But for most bonus is just that.. bonus, you live on your base salary. I dont work more than 3 hours a day, excluding driving, and my first quarter bonus was just over 8 grand, thanks to a nice 20% kicker on the team bonus portion of the bonus plan. Let my co-workers do the work. Love it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, sure. Silly me. Why wouldn't I believe some Novo troll baiting his competitors on a forum like Cafepharma? Thanks for putting me in my place.

FYI-The Victoza market share in my territory is running 1.1% average last 8 wks. Maybe you can give my Novo guys some coaching at your next we-are-the-greatest meeting. Whaduya'say, super-rep?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I`m in REAL SALES and Make REAL Dough...... something that you dopes don`t understand.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, you make real dough? Awesome! I'd like a Large Cheese & Pepperoni Pizza with the dough/ crust crunchy and well done. Thanks!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...alright, calm down, Mr. Sanofi.

as you well enough know, there are good reps in every company, as well as bad.
    consider yourself lucky you have some of our bad reps in your territory!

By the same token, it seems I'm lucky to have some bad Sanofi reps in mine.

Feel better now?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've always been calm, little man. It's the Novo reps in my territory that have been in panic mode the last two years. Their Levemir share is one of the lowest in the nation, too. Why don't you tell them how well you're doing? That'll perk 'em up for sure.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oooohhhhhh!! Man, you really are SuperRep! Do you wear a big "S" on your chest to work each day?

Lucky for your local Novo reps, they'll probably still be employed 12 months from now. 50% of S-A can't make that claim. So, go ahead and enjoy it while you can--I'm sure that 16k in bonus you hauled in last year was awesome!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Better the big "S" on my chest than the yellow stripe down your back. FYI, my bonus was a heckuva lot more than 16K last year, child. This year looks even better. Now, back to your troll hole.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oooohhhh. TOUGH GUY response. That's always a good one. You must have made 16,500 last year, huh? Awesome. Congrats on your success!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that really the best you can do? You show a real lack of creativity. Even for a Novo rep.