MULTAQ- ESG TO REVIEW AF GUIDELINES!

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy Come, Easy Go? ESC To Review Dronedarone’s Role in AF Guidelines
    Posted on August 4, 2011 by Larry Husten
    Less than a year after speeding into the European Society of Cardiology’s atrial fibrillation guidelines with a class 1 recommendation, the role of dronedarone (Multaq, Sanofi) in the treatment of AF will be reconsidered.

“The ESC will produce a focused update of the AF Guidelines when the full results of PALLAS have been published and regulatory authorities have revised the labelling for dronedarone,” the ESC announced today in a statement.

Since the publication of the ESC guidelines last September, dronedarone has been the subject of concerns regarding several cases of severe liver injury and the early termination of the PALLAS trial due to an increase in cardiovascular events in patients with permanent AF treated with dronedarone.

?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager says that if my customers stop writing Multaq it is MY fault, not the drug's fault.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is left for Multaq.. No CHF or LVH as first line.. what else will it end up saying?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must be a Sanofi manager. Oh man. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that every rep who has Multaq in their bag knows that it will now be a drug that will never see the utilitization that Sanofi had wanted. With less than 3 years left on the Patent (July 14, 2014) this drug will go the way of Uroxtral and Hyalgan. With Plavix going generic in May 2012, we will probably not promote Plavix past March 31st at the latest. If the company does not develop or find another drug for us, then there is simply no justification for 650 reps commited to sell Multaq. So it will come. Then question is, when will Sanofi pull the rigger and announce the displacement of the at least half of the Multaq team. The company is not holding open any slots in Diabetes and the empty positions in Genzyme are being filled as well. Merrill has no openings that I can see and Chattum doesn't need reps. Oncology is limited by the number of Cancer Treatment Centers and loading up more reps is not the answer for the limited number of cancer products it has. The company could go back and recreate the Long Term Care sales force, but Sanofi corporate is so conflicted with how they handled this the last time that this is highly unlikely. We could push generic Plavix, but this is a waste as there is no execlusivity for Plavix. The flood gates will open on May 12 as any company with an approved generic will launch. I've got my Plan B in motion, hope you have yours. The Multaq Team Train is heading down the track and the bridge is out up ahead. If you don't see this, then its your fault for hoping the bridge will be repaired before you get to it. However, there is one more stop, Last Chance Station, I'll be getting off here.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well said. Im not waiting. The promise of a package, another position (where everyone is unhappy-ie diabetes), is not cutting it. It will be a tough, stressful, road prior to the ax falling. Get out of pharmaceuticals, get away from this company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By March 1 there will be 1/2 of the Multaq team left, at best. 80% chance there will be no one left.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel for you people still left behind on the Multaq train. Rather than wait and ride it out for your SA welfare check to come take control of your future by dedicating time per week to a job hunt. Left SA and Multaq about 2 months ago and can not state how much better life is on the other side. Yep I did take a cut in Vacation and 401k match however for the positive change in life and career trajectory I might have even taken a pay cut. Listen...SA Leadership is stumbling and fumbling to the detriment of you the SP and most important MD's. It is disgusting how many of my former peers are willing to ride the train out and die on the SA vine. Guess what you reap what you sow. Get you head out of your asses and rather that going to work every day to feel sorry for yourselves, because you are going to ride this out an hope for the package....have some courage...pick yourself up...brush the SA negativity off and dedicate yourself to getting out. You control your destiny not SA however if you are content to wait for the package that you will get what you deserve. Be a WINNER, dedicate this week to your new job search. Hey Durso did it to get out of Multaq land, you probably know 5-10 others that have left so what the !@#$% are you waiting for! My frustration comes from the fact that SA and Multaq have demoralized so many good people that most have forgotten why they were hand selected for this gig. Don't let SA steal your last bit of hope to better yourself. Do something today to take that first step...only you can make it happen. Best of luck to you all!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe no CAD either

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the post. I am a long time rep, promoted many times and now I am in the Multaq Mess. Waiting for a package just doesnt seem right. The time is now, and I am actively looking for options. "Waiting for a package" is demoralizing at best. Packages do not last forever - WISH ME LUCK, IM GONNA TAKE THE PROACTIVE CHOICE AND PLAN TO BE GONE BY DECEMBER.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mo Garland and his DSM cronies are a waste with zero leadership abilities and street credibility. You gentlemen should be embarrassed at how low you have sunken and the opportunity you have pissed away. You all breed mediocrity! Don't believe a word they say. All they are looking out for is #1 and no one else. BN, MD, MK, MM are back stabbing two faced unethical looser. We all talk and we all see through your bull shit. PB grow a pair, get a !@#$% clue and blow this region up. Never mind the region is already blow up. What each manager has 4 reps reporting to them. What a waste. Get me out of here!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have that many people left? (4 reps per District). I had heard that turn over rate on the Multaq Team was pretty high. In our region I know that 7 reps have left in the last 3 months.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've tried to look at the offical Multaq Team Roster on the SA web site. Can't get in though, they block it out. You need special permission to view it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They dont want anyone to know just how bad the turnover is right now. The "best of the best" dont want to stay at Satanofi anymore.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Karma...they treat the "best of the best" like shit...they treat MD.'s like shit by not being honest, ethical and proactive...the calibration fear tactics pits reps against each other and in the end Sanofi's moto says it all....."because stock holders matter". Karma is a bitch!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who wants to.stay anymore it is a slow torture. the worst.part is the review process and I couldn't agree with you more that they pit us against each other. I silently threw the towel in. I play the game and in the end if I'm left standing than I guess I played well. It is painful to be here.