If you are waiting around for a severance don't bother

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2011 at 9:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get out now while you still have a chance landing another job. I heard that total headcount in Sanofi sales force will continue to decrease but no more severances are going to be given. What do you think that means? We're all wasting our time here now. What a waste of eleven years. And to think at one point working here I wanted to stay until retirement. At least it isn't too late.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to mention Merk & Pfizer laying off thousands. Guess what, if you don't get out while the gettin's good, you're going to be out of work W/no severance.

Good Luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really........ And where DID you hear that?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In a very secret place.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The danger of this site is posts like this. The severence isnt going away. The amount of weeks may change, but it isnt going away. Our intranet web site still shows three weeks per year. If they were to change that they would notify us in advance. Ive been here for over 20 years, Im not going anywhere. They are gonna have to kick me out.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

kick

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Severance or unemployment. Either way Sanofi will pay me.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm moving on now, screw the severance. Resumes are now flying as fast as I can find a position that I qualify for. The culture here is so bad right now, especially for the Multaq Team. If another opportunity was given to any rep in the district I am in, every rep would leave tomorrow.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From what I heard from my VP at our POA, there likely will not be layoffs, nor severance packages.

I think I'm just gonna pursue some fellowship opportunities once I'm done with my MBA. The company hasn't wanted to have any discussions on how to use my education, so they must not care.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares. Shmuck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now don't get petty just because you don't have a plan b

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a lying sack of pooh.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New plan for MBAs. It's called the "Sign Here" program. 9 out of 10 MBAs say it is neat-O.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are waiting for a severance do not wait, get out while you can.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They only have to notify you 30 days before-60 days notice is a luxury
    There is no law that says there must be severance-this was a perk and or a benefit to keep those left behind in better spirits-if you think you automatically get severance because others-check with an HR attorney-no mandate for severance for any company

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why would severance appease those left behind? Thought it was to ease the way for those let go?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last corporate policy addressing all matters HR was posted in October 2009 but dated effective August... Prior to the update it was 4 weeks pay per year of service with adjustments made for age and years of service on the high end. This time around I expect to see 2 burly guys at my front door asking for my computer, printer and samples while a tow truck is hooking up my company car...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hilarious. I can see that. Black trench coats and sunglasses on the burly dudes. While the DM is hunkered down on the back seat of the tow truck cabin, peeking out with a check list in hand.

By the way, thanks H R for the original post. Nice work trying to get more attrition.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. Not HR, just a lowly rep that was told at HQ that there would not be anymore layoffs or severances given. What they said without saying it was that they want us to be misetable and quit. Well, it's working for me. I am looking and looking and looking but there are no jobs. I am glad plan b will take effect next year because I can't tolerate this brain numbing mediocrity-breeding profession anymore! You can take your FFE and shove it up your ass Bridgewater!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey