Question for your DM

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Aug 7, 2011 at 8:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is a good one.
    Ask your DM who their customers are.
    95% of DMs will start rattling off names of docs in the district.

WRONG ANSWER......the DM's REPS are their customers.

Try this question on your next ride along... a very telling way to "test" you DM.

Pharma sales is in peril because "professional" district managers have no formal i.e. MBA management training. Oh, I forgot, the week of DM training by sales training.

Remember the Peter Principle.

People are promoted to their level of personal incompetence.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went to Bridgewater, got a certificate of completion, and now I'm a really good trained District Manager. I will be a Regional Director some day. The sky is the limit (they told us this at training). Cheaper than your MBA, goofy!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right on with this post. I was a DSM with SA and I always thought of my team as my #1 customers. I got cut a few rounds back but there is life and excellent careers beyond SA. I am much happier, respected and making more money. Lucky for me, my direct supervisor sees our team as the #1 customers. Good luck to you!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget that it goes both ways. Your #1 job isn't to drive sales and overachieve your goals...your #1 job is to keep your boss happy. When you forget that, you find yourself out of a job.