Managers get upgraded luxury Volvo SUVs

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Aug 9, 2011 at 7:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While the reps get downgraded cars. The company is making cuts all over for us reps but managers are getting upgraded to a nice foreign SUV. This sends a horrible message. It is like the orchestra playing as the Titanic is sinking.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget to mention the fact that the RSM's where upgraded to fully loaded Cadillac SUV's. This for a group of people that does 90% of their travel in airplanes and rental cars. What is the company line for upgrading the DM's car? "It was a $7000 savings to the company per car." BULL SHIT! Do you really think we are that stupid? If the cost savings was so great then why did they not give us all those cars? Instead we got stripped down cars that saved $800 per car.

This company is ridiculous. I have never worked for such poor management! And for those of you who say "if you don't like it than leave", I am planning to. I am just going to take my 3 weeks of mandated vacation before I put in my notice.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a lucky company whoever hires you will be.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah! 'Cause the grass isn't always greener is it!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managers deserve the nicer cars! Be lucky you get a car! Many would love to have your problems!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm glad you recognize this. I am sure you are referring to the fact that I have been here since the beginning, been a top producer since the beginning, and it's my selling abilities that helped Ista afford the expansions that more than likely resulted in you getting a job here.

Now I understand that bitching about a free car is silly. All I was doing was reinforcing the OP's point that management here is terrible and regularly does stupid things. Telling us that our budgets are gone, cancel all dinner programs, cut back on lunches and samples, and make us take our vacation time is one things. But then to turn around and spend thousands upgrading management’s cars, that's stupid!

Lastly, I know that grass is not greener on the other side. There is only so much BS a person can take and when that happens you can either complain about it or change your surroundings. I choose to do the later. I know there will be plenty of BS at any other company, but at least I will get paid more, have a MUCH better 401k, and stop loosing my ass on Ista stock.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

then leave and stop causing problems to people who want to work in peace

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, I had a manager explain this to me so take it for what it is worth. He/she said in some long answer the company is saving money by upgrading their cars. Maybe. Does not seem to make sense but maybe. If this was the case though why isn't the entire sales force upgraded? I don't care about all this really just thought I would chime in since I had a conversation from a source.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm happy with my car

It's not a ford focus or intrepid or all those other crappy cars people in pharma have had

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh, we have some of the nicest cars in the industry right now. Most of the big pharma companies don't even have a choice of car anymore. They all just get a little car with no options, managers too. Hell, everyone else is laying off and downgrading everything. Be happy we have nice cars and more importantly jobs!! Compared to the rest of pharma, we've got a pretty good life here.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our cars did get downgraded this last go around and we do not have a choice of cars. Do you even work here?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares! Get over it!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think everyone is missing the point here. Forget about the cars. I'm happy to have a free car but like the OP said, what type of message is being sent??

We hear daily about cutting costs, cutting samples because of cost, cutting lunch and program budgets, cutting customer support, etc. Yet we have enough money to trade in all the DM and RSD cars early and upgrade them to luxury SUV's.

It's just a horrilbe message. That's all.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you think of just one positive thing to say about ISTA?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all the Double Doubles you can eat at the Nacional Sales Meetings ! Booyaah !

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes I can. MP in Chicago is so hot!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's called contracts were probably signed last year for the card...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your input MEL!