MULTAQ saga continues

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2011 at 1:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So now there's the "dear doctor" letter ahead of the FDA guidance next month. So how you can you sell a drug that has more AE's than amio now and we ask the docs to monitor every 6 months for a patient going into Perm AF!
    In house they are leaving a sinking ship. Marketing lost their managed markets manager, medical lost one medical director and now the VP of cardiovascular.
    So who is left to guide the sinking ship? The RMLs are going to be cut by 40% so what does that say about sales? CV told them no more money on Multaq, so expect a big late Sept announcement on restructuring.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you are just NOW seeing the writing on the wall. Here are your options. Switch products, wait for a package, or find another job outside of this rabies infested cluster.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today I saw 6 cards and none of them had concerns about the letter. As a matter of fact, 2 of the 6 prescribed multaq this morning for the appropriate patient type. It sounds like you can't sell a drug if it's not a blockbuster with huge tailwinds! Leave this one to the sales people not the sample droppers!!! Gotta run, 2 more calls to make...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

blech

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and then you woke up from your dream!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey you ignorant jackass - what is the appropriate patient type now mr sales person? Should I Keep the patient on it if Multaq is not suppresing AFIB? Lets see - under 65, no structural heart disease, paroxysmal afib monitored closely (unlike all other AADs), not taking pradaxa, low dose statin, low dose BB/CCB, LFTs monitored at least 2x first six months, monitor pulmonary function due to label update, not on CYP34A drugs, adjust warfarin if not on pradaxa, check for worsening CHF at least every 6 months, can afford a branded co-pay, etc. The FDA,ACC, ESC, and Canada are gonna spank you like a little baby.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spank this little b**ch!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has already been decided. One rep per territory. No promotion of plavix after December 31st. We will continue to sample as long as sample inventory is there. After March 31st, all promotion and sampling will be done for Plavix. If the new drug for VTE is approved, then those remaining will get this drug. But its a niche drug too, as it only has application in the hospital setting for the "appropriate VTAC patient". Those displaced will have an option to go into diabetes positions that are currently open. The rest will get severence. Not sure what will happen to displaced DM's and RD's. Multaq will remain, but it is a niche drug at best and will go generic July 14th 2014 (less than three years). The CV sales force will be like ISG, small in number, always looking for that rainbow to get you by, but no real purpose and no real opportunities. Don't count on the MS drug, Its a day late and a dollar short. Biogen (the company we should have aquired) is so far ahead of Sanofi in the MS market that it will be a monumental task to over take them in share and volume use of the MS drug we have coming out. Hey, its a pay check, take it for what it's worth and play the game. When the economy gets better, then that will be your opportunity to find something more meaningful.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

man, I think this guy is right. I do think the MS drug, which wont be sold by the Multaq team, will be decent drug. It wont make us millions though.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SA MS drug not getting approved anytime soon. And you'll want to read the Novartis board for what and who runs this market

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the posts on CP are total BS... but this poster I think has it dead on. I sell Multaq, the drug is a dog, cant see them keeping two reps per territory, and my partner has more tenure with the company than I do. Guessing our ratings are about the same but that has been proven not to matter when it comes to cuts. So its even more motivation to get the ol Plan B in gear. I guess my only question would be do they do it after the 3rd quarter or wait like the last few years into the 4th quarter.. say give notice at the end of Nov with 30 days notice till the end of the year?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it will happen sooner than later. By October 1 at latest.

signed, the man upstairs

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All this Pallus data thats being analyzed by SA and the FDA will take a few more weeks, and then the label change etc... I think it will go deep into Sept till they decide what to do. So then its probably going to take another month plus to gadge the reaction from the docs in the field. I guess what I'm saying is it will be a 4th straight year of mid 4th quarter announcements, probably around Turkey day or right before it/after. I think one of the posters is right give 30 day notice to those let go and start the severance in January of 2012.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rig Rize, Pat Berry. Need I say more?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey it's "gauge" for the second time you stupid do-nothing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep talking and I'm going to gauge your eyes out.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a fan...thanks for friggin' getting it....BBG

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

gouge not gauge....i am going to gouge your eyes out.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks, I'm trying to get a handul on the inglish langwage.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ah, that fool was kidding....dope