Everyone should again prepare for the worst

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Aug 19, 2011 at 8:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is coming to a conference call near you soon!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And just what is your source for such a bold statement?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. But I think it will occur next year when the Sunshine Act is implemented. Once doctors stop lunches and stop access due to it, most will hear the voice of a hefty singer from a distance.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree.. that and if this company cant get any new drugs to market by next spring or sooner when Plavix goes bye bye. But the word is the CV team will be off that drug by the end of 2011 since BMS handles the marketing now. Alot of Multaq positions that reps left are not being filled... and if they slash the CV force in half to 325 many of those displaced can interview for vacant diabetes spots. But that group is SO top heavy what type of security is there? So its back to the ol guess the date game. Putting my money on just before Thanksgiving to scale back which by my count would make it 3 straight years they've cut?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The worst? Really? No I dont think so. The worst is putting up with Sanofi This company is whacked out. They talk about change-it not only stays the same it actually gets worse. They are making a big deal about not giving us a number at mid-year right now. If I hear it one more time I am going to puke. They have the number they just did not give it to anyone. And anyway we are supposed to say oh thanks so much! Hate them. Bring on the conference calls. ASAP, Fuck you Sanofi. You may not have given me a number but i have yours. Lick my Gap Report!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Next layoff would most likely occur before year end 2011, before close of fiscal year. Not in Q1 2012. Then again it is sanofi; solid business rationale may be moot. Let's move our reps (who have established rapport and access with their docs/offices) around again into new territories like a 52 card pick up!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If a drug is going to zero, why would you only cut 1/2 the sales force?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because Sanofi in a way only they at the top can describe actually thinks they can still make some money on Multaq, even after it gets black boxed and market share in most of the country keeps falling. So they will need some poor fools to walk around like mummies and give out co pay cards, vouchers, samples for the few offices that will take them. You just dont need 650 to do it. Then again the number is not even 650 at the moment, they are not back filling those positions yet. Honestly they could cut the current sales force from 3200 to 1600 and do you think our sales would be impacted in any way? And they would save a ton of money once they paid out all the severance.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of us feel like we are always preparing for the worst. It is one issue after another constantly.

Could we stop selecting out other sales teams for their demise vs. saving one's own skin?
    This is bigger than anything we have encountered to date. The advent of some of the drugs losing patent as well as the Multaq debacle suggests we all need to tighten our seat belts for the bumpy road ahead. Maybe there will be a reprieve - although it isn't looking good right now.

Pfizer just had to wait by the phone.....again. Nothing happens in a vacuum so be prepared just in case. Figure out a potential exit strategy.

But now is the time that we should stand together because no one and I mean NO ONE cares about any of us sad to say.

Anonymity gives a false sense of protection. Don't lash out at those who are in the same boat. No one is more valuable nor more important. For those who have been here 5 or more years, lay-offs are the norm these days. As a former manager once told me, I have a great job and it is (was) a great, outstanding company. I still hold my head up because the company doesn't define me. Everything is different now, but I try to do as good a job as I can given all the challenges internally and externally.

Wishing everyone good luck. Maybe we can start to demand more answers instead of just talking about what might be or depending on info from the 55 Insider - who is long gone, by the way. And, whoever that was, should have been given a medal for breaking corporate silence because she/he didn't like the way the field was being treated.

This corporation only cares about shareholders and their severances.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Emerging markets. BRIC.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well written! And I agree we all should be preparing an exit strategy. Whether that is in or out of pharma, but not be complacent and think this will last until retirement.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was a rare, serious, well thought out post. Unfortunately most people here come on to bash others, find some type of comic relief or whatever. I am curious as to how you have deducted that the 55 insider is long gone? Regardless to think that any info that comes out of CP is accurate is a stretch. Alot of times its people who are guessing based on logic. Their logic... because its obvious upper management has none 99 percent of the time. And your are 100 percent right those at the top could care less about the little people who are in the field day in day out. Then again based on many of the posts for not many hours. Sadly I am among them, as maybe one out of 5 regular work days I have enough offices ( to sample) that would get me out to around 3 pm before the drive home.

Thanks for a well written post.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those who beleive leadership about being right sized for Plavix patent loss...

Pfizer Cuts Reps Before Lipitor Patent Expires
    By Ed Silverman // August 12th, 2011 // 12:30 pm

This should not come as a surprise. The big drugmaker just two months ago disclosed plans to cut another $1 billion or so in expenses, with a first phase that will amount to $500 million in cutbacks taking place this year. The move, of course, comes in response to the loss of patent protection for the Lipitor cholesterol pill, a $10.7 billion seller, and other big-selling meds.

Pfizer sales reps were told to expect phone calls next week about their fate. Some say, however, there is frustration in the ranks. The drugmaker has allegedly indicated more than once that the sales force was “told since the Wyeth acquisition that Pfizer was “right sized” ‘ for the Lipitor patent expiration that will occur this fall, one source tells us.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If there's one thing we've all learned it's that leadership will lie to us until the very last moment to squeeze out everything they possibly can out of the sales team, our customers, and the patients. And it's all in the name of the almighty dolllar or euro. As a former STIN rep I keep recalling all of the lying and professing that "We have a plan" last summer from management about dealing with generic Lovenox. How is that plan going guys? One additional thought, has anyone noticed that many of the North America big wigs from Sanofi pharma are suddenly now going to global positions in the company just like the proverbial rats jumping from the sinking ship? More cuts are on the way.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's going to be bad folks. Real bad.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's going to be bad folks. Real bad.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They may not have had a plan, but Brand Lovenox will contribute more than a Billion in sales to the company this year. That's with ZERO field sales promotion.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There you have it. Same with Plavix. Stop promoting it now and there will be no effect on sales.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bingo! Sales left pharma sales 10 years ago. What effect is there when a rep is forced to wait in the waiting room for the office cow to deliver the signed computer?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This only applies to products that have no "real" competition. Effient would have no business if it wasn't being promoted. Apidra NEEDS to be promoted.