What would a real sales pro go in to pharma today?

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Long gone!, Aug 22, 2011 at 3:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Long gone!

Long gone! Guest

Pharma used to be where the cream of the crop went to sell. Now after 15 years of managing to the lowest common denominator I don't think a tops sales professional would even consider it.

Go talk to someone who got out 10 years ago and tell them what you do every day. They won't believe you. And if they do they'd tell you that they wouldn't put up with it.

Face it, doctors aren't buying the "value" that pharma sales is offering. Companies have their reps by the short and curlys because most are over leveraged with a big mortgage/lifestyle and can't replace their income.

I predict that when the Sunshine Act hits that there will be a 60-70% pruning of sales forces industry wide. If the share holders were savvy as to what the day to day operations in the field is like they'd be demanding it now!

The lowering of the bar for entry into this field has created a huge supply for a dwindling demand. I know guys selling BMWs and Mercedes that are making more and have better work environments.

I just don't see pharma as a place anyone who wants to succeed long term as somewhere talented sales people want to go. So tell me otherwise if I'm wrong.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be stupid. What is the question in the first place? LOSER!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Nobody is going waste the time to post a page of crap about nothing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude,

Cream of the crop? Wow? never was. Decades ago during the second day of training a guy ,who came from a sales background and I looked at each other and said "the goal is to be incredibly average". Car salesman make much more than a 100 gs if they survive. My gardener probably makes 400-500gs more. It has always required the skill sets for a $30-40,000 job. The money and success came from the Govy paying $3-$10 for a 6 cent pill. The Nabisco or Coca Cola rack jobber is a better businessman than most. I was attracted by the cog job appeal after years of having to sell in a competitive business.

But you can not beat getting paid to report to such people. Priceless!

Enjoy it 45 minutes a day while it is still a profitable business.

Welcome to reality.

Remember you have lots of doctor connections if you did it right.