This is exactly why we need a voluntary severance package

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Sep 6, 2011 at 3:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a panic brewing again in the sales teams. The annual will I get cut or not worrying starts up this time every year at Sanofi. There are reps who are clearly at risk of losing their jobs (Multaq) and other teams where it is not so clear what will happen. There are also those reps who want to stay and work for this company, and those who desperately want to be let go with a severance package.

Then why not offer a voluntary package to those of us who would like to leave? The way cuts were made last year certainly did not improve morale. You placed experienced hospital sales professionals into primary care, and you let go of experienced Lantus reps who could have helped the diabetes franchise significantly this year. It's obvious what didn't work in the past isn't going to work ever again.

This next round of cuts should be about keeping people here who actually want to be here.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I AM ONE MULTAQ REP WHO WOULD BE GLAD TO TAKE A SPOT IN PC DIABETES OR MTIN IF SOMEONE WANTED TO GIVE UP THEIR SPOT. I THINK THE OP HAS A GOOD IDEA HERE.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yet you have time to post on a blog in the middle of the day? lazy slug

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2.8 Billion in cost cuts. Enough said and Chris V said it all.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There you go....about 1300 gone by year end. Here is my guess. After layoff the new GLP1 will come out next year and they will hire small sales force with ventiv to help launch product. They will announce this soon I would think letting everyone know change will happen. Not sure if you noticed, but once this is done they were able to reduce the sales force by 50% since 2008.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to see them do a voluntary severance so I could actually have a better chance of keeping my job!