Layoffs? And Bought out?

Discussion in 'Wright Medical' started by Anonymous, Sep 14, 2011 at 4:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who bought you guys out? And how many layoffs came from it?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumor has it that it's Biomet but not sure so far about 20 - 25 people have been laid off that I know of but I'm sure there's more that I havn't heard about so far they have all been in manufacturing tho

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cite your source on the buyout. Not buying it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

R&D had some go. The testing lab got gutted from what I heard through the grapevine. I do believe all of their tribology is gone.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the testing lab did get gutted and Tribology is gone. Then a sell is in the cards. I was in Manufacturing don't know how many, but i was one. How long until the rest will go and will they tell them befor the sell?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biomet will not buy. They are hurting as well and they had a recent layoff. Wright does not have anything to offer Biomet. If they did buy, they would only want it for the extremities and dissolve the rest.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Zimmer jet was spotted in Memphis last week. I have a friend who works at the airport evacuating the crappers of private jets. Anyway, he said the Zimmer jet landed early Friday morning. It taxied into a private hanger and the doors were closed. He was called in to empty the lavoratory and a bunch of guys were gathered around a conference table toasting champagne and lighting cigars. On a side note, one of my friend's gold teeth fell into said crapper so if anyone finds it please post.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't really get it.......but I'm laughing anyway.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't wait to see Q3 reportings to see if the layoffs really helped improve the books

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This would be temporary, in my opinion. I finally heard from friends (it's chaotic there, I'm hearing) that their test lab is all but gone (all of tribology, I heard, too). They can make the numbers look great for a few months perhaps, but there won't be any new products while the test lab is not staffed. I think they're on the market for a buyout, sooner rather than later.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best part of the internet, everything you read is factual. Bunch of dumbasses on here.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumors that another layoff is approaching...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard a layoff was going to start tomorrow and go through Thursday. Not sure wwhat areas or what level. Lets hope its executive mgmt for a change.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that the foundry shut down this week. So doesn't that mean no more hips and knees? I guess that I will update my resume too.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what does your "source" say now?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relax the layoffs gave us some breathing room for q3 earnings so nothing will happen, that is until we get closer to q4 reporting (oh yeah rest assured the potential Christmas layoffs won't be executives)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Stookey hiding under his desk.....he should be.....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Treace was seen trying to pry Stookey out from under his desk with a femur sawbone.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, he wasn't trying to pry out Stookey. He was making room for himself.