Ista is sponsoring CE now huh?

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is ce program about Bromaday in my territory don't you dodos know your can't do that.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What territory if you don't turn them in I will! No problem....they deserve it!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will spank them.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has ista signed the phrma guidelines?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is my understanding that NO they have not signed the pharma guidelines....but they try to say they abide by them.

The NO CE by pharma companies is not part of the guidelines. It is a BIG NO NO for everyone, I would guess ISTA did it as a grant request then sent in a hand picked speaker with a CE approved talk....they (ISTA) made me do it! I tried not to but got in trouble for trying to say no! They talk can loose it's CE credit if they find out it is attached to a pharma company. It is done very often by ophth. offices who provide CE programs for free to local OD's for "free" or referrals....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is EXACTLY what is going on in this territory, its an OD program by a local MD with a few speakers one is talking on bromday its offering ce credits

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Report it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is happening in my territory as well, alcon here and I'm reporting it

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you...hope you got a paper/invite on it...ask your dr.'s what org approves talks for CE, and tell them ISTA is paying for it that will have some impact too! (sorry just can't remember who they submit it to for CE approval)

Way to be ethical! I am sure the ISTA peeps will have to google the meaning of that word...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we don't have any money to be unethical.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't take that much money to be unethical... I think It is pathetic how unethical this company is...and YES there are CE programs being paid for in one way or another by ISTA!!! Try to deny it my manager made me do it! I am now gone, thank goodness. I felt very personal and professional ethics and morals were compromised by my managers expectations

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my mgr has had dinners and still may be having them with other reps. I wont do them anymore. Been telling him the docs he wants to see are not available. His boss is aware and has done nothing.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ista sponsored CE in Appleton, WI on 10/26 They had paid speakers talking Bromday and we got CE credit for it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TURN THEM !!!!!!!!!! DUH! SEND THEM SOME FINES THEY CAN NOT PAY!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so Ista helped sponsor a program where you got credit for it and did not have to pay because Ista helped out and now you are on here complaining Ista sponsored it? You are quite the person.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My colleague just informed me that pharma companies cannot sponsor CE, I didn't know until then....just trying to do the right thing. If you guys did this when you were not supposed to or if it was illegal I want no part

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry it isn't illegal. hell, it was common practice until just a few yrs ago. they are self imposed rules many companies in the industry have put on themselves. you do realize all these conferences you go to and get CE credits are sponsored by pharma companies. It allows you to get your credits w/o paying an arm and a leg. Be grateful not a complainer.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello Alcon (Novartis)... You just got subpoena from the govt for your unethical behavior and it was reported in Wall Street Journal. Moron

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right until the DOJ subpoena the company and fines them.