1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice

General Question

Discussion in 'Specialty Pharmacies - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Oct 8, 2011 at 12:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the midst of interviewing. I have 20 years Pharma/biotech/specialty sales experience. What can I expect to earn in terms of base and bonus working for a smaller SPP? Also, what is the usual car allowance? Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends who you're interviewing with, what the territory potential is, and if you bring any transferable relationships to the table. Also depends if you're employed or unemployed. I work for one of the big boys and I'm making $80k base, with company car. We just brought on a unemployed rep with 20 yrs pharma biotech experience, and they got her for $60k. I wouldn't expect too much more than $60 from a smaller one and bout $400 car allowance plus mileage.

Just to let you know this is very different from Pharma sales, a lot of ex-pharma reps come on and can't do shit. Others come on board and do fine. The key to success in this field is getting them to like you. Docs don't care where the meds come from or what clinical program you have. If the nurses are happy, the docs happy, and you're paid!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your honest feedback. By the way, does the car allowance include fuel or do you get a fuel card?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're getting a car allowance you'll probably get mileage reimbursement, I think the current rate is around $.51/mile. If you're getting a company car you'll get fuel card.