Signatures

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that samples have been cut, why do we still have to get sigs?

This is ridiculous! It is embarrassing. Rep, "Yes sign here doc" doc "for what?" rep, "nothing". Just so my mgt knows I was really here at this time and really saw you....You see Dr. you need to trust me, trust me that what I tell you about my drugs is true, trust me to show up for appts., trust me to be here for a lunch, trust me to give you samples (if I have them), trust me to get you your post op sheets.....so many things you (doc) need to trust me about but ISTA doesn't trust that I was here unless you sign here. But just know other than potentially lying about seeing you I am very trustworthy!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is stupid having to explain to a doctor why they are signing my computer when they are receiving nothing at all since I have no samples I can afford to leave them. It makes me feel like an idiot. I only do it because I am scared my manager will come down on me like I have heard from other reps. What other industry makes sales reps get signatures from their customers? It is simple to answer though: They do not trust us and manage their reps by fear.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should they trust you mr. 10-2pm

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have no clue how hard I work. I work a full days work. Typical Ista response. Judge me on my sales which are fine and not how many forced signatures I can get in a day. No other industry does this at all. You are judged on sales not how many customer signatures you get in a day. It is one of the reasons so many people are leaving this company. I am working hard and I will continue to increase my sales but I am looking for an opportunity to work for a company not so hostile to its sales reps.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't say anything about the 10-2 crap.

That is not what this is about...You many be way over busy putting in way too many hours and getting the same sales (or less sales) as a good rep working 1/2 the time. why? because it's about quality and trust that a good sales person inspires a customer to "buy".

If it appears our own company doesn't trust their reps why should a customer.

If you were going to buy a car and it was obvious the car manager didn't trust the sales person you were working with would you buy the car? Hell NO you would never!

Anyone that is a good sales person knows trust and credibility are both part of the selling cycle. Just like closing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends on the manager and Rsd
    We don't worry about it since we work hard and have great results
    If you have nothing tO his, then the extra 10 seconds it takes to get a sig should not matter

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

reading and comprehension is not your strong subject! The point has nothing to do with working hard, results, 10 seconds (something tells me you do a lot of things in 10 seconds or less) etc. there are plenty of people being told to get sigs no matter what people at the top and bottom. Perception is reality. If the dr. perceives your company (ISTA) doesn't trust you and that is why he or she is signing for NOTHING...then why should the Dr. trust you...I can't dumb it down any further for you. I hope you can get this, this time.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its called accountability, reach and freq, and reports. Once you grow up and try a position above sales rep you might understand that.... I actually have a great relationship with my manager and have dead on conversation with them.

Try asking your manager the "why" behind things before you come to conclusions....Stop crying about everything, step back and see the big picture. The company is graded on many things and contact points is one of them.

try and do a lil extra in your job and stop crying and you will enjoy it more or quit. Im sure they dont request sigs in big pharma. Ya right!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's quite obvious people in upper and mid level management don't "get it"..Ista is not a specialy company .. they are big pharma with a very small sells force. If you're going to have these types of rediculous requirements for reps then you need to put the same in place for managers.. for example.. have the managers get signatures in all they offices they visit with reps... you won't have many of those for the managers who ride for half a day with their reps but write up reports saying they've been with them for two or more days in the field. See how managers like that.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you absolutely high? You want your manager with you more

You are serious crazy, I for one like to have my manager leave early

Hello if they leave early they trust you, if they dot it's 5 day ride along!!
    Bite your flippIng tongue

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually this getting a sig for nothing is ridiculous. You can attain reach and frequency reports without requiring a sig for nothing. I do not want to be a manager (never have)...left this poor excuse for a company quite a while ago! Thank God.

YOU should try getting a real sales job. Everyone knows pharma is not real sales. I work in device sales now. Yes I am one of the lucky to make the move from pharma to device and my manager would never ask me to chase down sigs for accountability! My sales are my accountability.

Wow, you know it all little child, you stated a company may be graded on many things you are correct about that but sales is a hell of a lot higher than "contact points". Now get your sorry ass out there and get your pacifier out of your mouth when you ask for a sig for nothing...Clearly you are a great ass kisser and Kool-Aid drinker when you buy into the nonsense. Or you are an asshole manager posing as a rep, or from HQ defending shit on CP.

BTW what does this mean "I actually have a great relationship with my manager and have dead on conversation with them." First of all what is a dead on conversation? FYI if you have a great relationship with your manager it would be with him or her not "them", or managers and them. Did you ever take an English class, in HS or college? Isn't one of the requirements of this job to be able to communicate effectively both written and orally? I guess you just slipped by....I'd kiss ass and hold on to this job too if I were you. I know people make typos and mistakes like that, who cares, this is just ignorance.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally understand your point and I know you do not want your manager with you anymore than the rest of us...(insert some ass saying I don't care if my manager is with me that's fine with me I do the same thing when he or she is with me or not with me. We all know that is bullshit!) If getting a sig for nothing is no big deal and then dsm's should have their own i-pac to have dr.'s sign when they see them on visits with us. It's no big deal! right? I mean all the time every dr. the dsm sees should sign Nothing to do with samples just accountability!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Signatures please...really who cares.. My manager said they would call our accounts to see if the doctor was in working the day the rep made the call!! REALLY!!!! Go ahead jerk off, cause our offices, bacause we have such great relationships with them that they will tell us you did and in the end YOU will be the one who looks bad and then you will have your 7th rep quit on you too... This is so 1980's management style! Past managers have been fired for that too...wake up! This is what our manager tells all their reps old and new and then wonders why they have so many openings in their district! Please give me a break! I am out there working honestly and hard and some days working 14 plus hour days(against FLSA...look at all the overtime lawsuits with pharma companies, MCFLY) because we are doing admin work, post op sheets etc... So keep your pace and you can keep micromanaging your reps right out, because they will quit or you can fire me, cause frankly, I honestly wouldn't give a shit either way. Karma is a bitch though...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's buy some more cheese for all this wine!
    Quit and leave already, if you have quit why are still here on this board move on
    You probably sucked and resent the fact that you got fired

Move on skippy

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes leave and get over your self

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

knock it off...everyone know getting sigs is bullshit. really look at people in real outside sales they do not collect sigs from customers they collect orders!

it is bullshit when they pull those kind of bs reports it is due to distrust....if your manager doesn't trust you I would leave and I did!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go work for Alcon agile im sure they will have a ton of openings

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the new Ipads come out next year mgt will know where and when you were at an office and how long you stayed. May not be totally necessary for sigs anymore after that.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who cares, dont do stupid sh@t and you will not have to worry about it