Summit layoffs?

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Oct 24, 2011 at 9:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any word on if there will cuts to summit team and if do when?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on the other post about bazemores comments, sounds like cuts are coming. Probably will look alot like the lunesta/omnaris restructure.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bazemore did confirm layoffs and restructure for Sumitt.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did he send you a text message with that? Or did he just call you after dinner one evening?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, he told your wife, then she told me.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What he did was tell a group of reps that were in marlboro. He said that there was going to be a restructure or realignment on summit. How's that for full transparency?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of the open positions on the Sunovion website were pulled in one night, except for the schizophrenia positions. There were CNS, Allergy, Schizophrenia, and Respiratory positions available. There IS a hiring freeze right now. We all know what that means now, don't we?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From a reliable source. Layoffs and shake up at the top coming soon.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any idea when layoffs will happen? Will it just be summit?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs? No but common sense is that Xopenex is basically gone January 1st(from promotion) and that was the drug that started the company and basically still funds most saleries in the entire company. Anyone with bad numbers over a extended period of time(rep or manager) better hope they have a backup plan, in any divison, Lunesta,Brovana,Latuda,Summit, whatever. This is pharma folks, so layoffs, no, trimming the fat , yes.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whats the latest?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The plans for the restructuring and layoffs are being hammered out as this is being written. Don't believe me? Listen to the DSP investors conference call Question #5. They will have the exact numbers and will report them at the end of this quarter.

You must remember, the Japanese corporate fiscal year begins on April 1, not January 1, so you will be spared this Christmas season. In Q1 will be a very strong push to get every last
    dollar from upcoming spring allergy season. No need to promote in Summer, as Xopenex sales are slow and Breath Limited can start shipping in August.

I can't tell you much more, but DO NOT be on a PIP or at the bottom of your districts/regions in Q4 2011 and Q1 2012, regardless of product.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total Sunovion sales = $1.4 Billion. Xopenex sales = $400 million. Revenue down almost 30%.

Assume Latuda doubles to $200 million. All others increase $50 million total. Net gain = $150 million.

Revenue gap is going to be roughly $250 million.

If Sunovion has 1500 MR's that would be about $1,000,000 per rep. If we lose $250 in revenue, that could translate into 250 reps.

Just sayin'

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so at a million dollars sales/rep, we should lose 250 reps? How many did we lose today?

What happened to the managers? VP's, product managers, marketing and so on for Xopenex. Are they gone as well? How about the failed management that hires new Brovana reps off the street and fires loyal Sunovion employees for years.

The sneaky ass Jap bastards do have a way to get at Americans in December, don't they?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We lost close to 300 reps today plus all support positions...MNGRS from DM on up...All in about a 2 minute long phone call. All of Summit.Merry Christmas.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, the entire Summit sales force, merry freakin christmas, I hope they all get coal in their stockings....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing I am surpised at is that all of you are suprised. How did you NOT see something like this coming??? Don't any of you have any business sense???? I guess that's why you are still in pharma sales and I'm sure will be looking to get back into Pharma sales as soon as you can.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you r*****, now get off this board and go back to your 30k B2B job!