Alcon faces U.S. health fraud probe

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Oct 29, 2011 at 3:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis unit Alcon faces U.S. health fraud probe

(Reuters) - Novartis's (NOVN.VX) recently acquired eyecare business Alcon is facing a U.S. government investigation into alleged healthcare fraud, the Swiss drugmaker said on Tuesday.

Alcon received a subpoena from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on September 23 requesting the production of documents relating to marketing practices, as well as the remuneration of healthcare providers.

The case involves the Alcon products Vigamox, Nevanac, Omnipred and Econopred, as well as surgical equipment.

Novartis revealed the case in a footnote to its third-quarter results and said Alcon was cooperating with the civil investigation.

(Reporting by Ben Hirschler. Editing by Jane Merriman)

Related Quotes and News

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the hell does this mean?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

read the article

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read the article,so their being investigated. So what does that mean?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That means you are a dumb A**. Freak.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry not rep,but I am a Nurse in one of your offices.Be nice.What does the investigation mean?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A nurse? There are no nurses in my offices just techs

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, there are mostly techs,but in our office there are 2 nurses. Whats your problem? I think you have no idea what this investigation means as well or what will become of it. Did you think I was talking about your particular office, we have a huge surgical center in the N.E. Obviously this idiot does know what this article means,so could one of the smarter reps tell what this means to ALCON?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not really sure about the investigation...bottom line is they may get fined...Alcon/Novartis have deep pockets and will pay the fine and move on...not a big deal to them. If and when ISTA gets fined that is a whole different story...they don't have the $$ it takes to pay the kind of fines that are being given...there is no pay off plan, it is due upon receipt.

My guess is they are linking rxing habits to discounts/deals on surgical equip and off label promotion.....yawn

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your right the fines are in 500 million dollars and yes Novartis is the second largest pharma company and would not blink at fine like that,but if we get fined for doing the same thing we could not afford it and I am sure there a lot Ista reps that were unfairly treated and would love to sale out Ista in exchange for part of the fine.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sign me up I would tell all I know not too much...but I would tell in a minute!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talk to whistleblower attorney.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will Alcon's investigation help us with are sales.Has anyone talked to Alcon rep in the field to see what going on. Maybe since investigation they will no longer bribe the doctor and doctor will prescribe the best product (Ista products).

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

gulp gulp have another drink of that Kool-Aid....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who kool aid? You don't make sense.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

he meant you are drinking kool aid if you think this gives ista any advantage. you do know ista is under investigation too?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you know they are under an investigation,the only reason we know Alcon is, is because they publicly admitted to an investigation and reporters got wind of it and printed the investigation.There nothing like that going on here dick head.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel sorry for Alcon. We are all dirty and sale off label.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis unit Alcon faces U.S. health fraud probe

(Reuters) - Novartis's (NOVN.VX) recently acquired eyecare business Alcon is facing a U.S. government investigation into alleged healthcare fraud, the Swiss drugmaker said on Tuesday.

Alcon received a subpoena from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on September 23 requesting the production of documents relating to marketing practices, as well as the remuneration of healthcare providers.

The case involves the Alcon products Vigamox, Nevanac, Omnipred and Econopred, as well as surgical equipment.

Novartis revealed the case in a footnote to its third-quarter results and said Alcon was cooperating with the civil investigation.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Alcuin faces U.S. health fraud probe

My docs have been asking me about Alcuin being under investigation in my region. Has that been happening to you guys?