Is this your manager? Part 3

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Has-Been

We may as well call him by his name, Peter, because this person is more or less defined by the Peter Principle. Peter was once effective and successful; at least it appeared that way. But the situation had a narrow set of boundaries and variables and now, things have changed and Peter is out of his depth, beyond his level of competency.

Perhaps he was promoted, the company grew, the market changed, or he's now in a new position in a new company. Regardless of the circumstances, Peter is no longer effective and his inability to see or believe it renders him toxic to the organization. For whatever reason, Peter lacks the ability to grow, scale, or adapt. And since he's still in a position of power and authority, he's not just an old relic, but a heavy anchor around the company's neck.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like Mark Iwicki?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sounds like jason g in training department

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sounds familiar

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager is described by all three "parts". Absolutely awful; an egomaniac and a lunatic together in one frightful package.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager is sincere and caring. Really wants the best for his reps. Puts us before his agenda. Is sending me to Bermuda for Christmas!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well at least you are going some place nice after you get your pink slip

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my manager told a lie to me-he said i could wash my face in linseed oil and take a walk down to the creek near my condo. we could meet there and role play, eat berries, and mime. now he says that we can't do that

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sounds like my manager

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a little more creepy than it is funny. But it's still a little funny.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's weird my leader asked my to dress up like a clown and haunt his dreams

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's stupid!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one has as bad of a manager than one that is a newbie...HORRIBLE!!!