Severance Package

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what is the package for all the displaced Summitttt team? Reps package? Managers Package?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess that you should have dialed in to the HR conference call to find out. If I was not let go its none of my business what the severance package is since I'm not getting it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharm rep here: Tired of waiting by the phone for your fate? Have you thought about making money outside of what you are currently doing? Something that won't interfere with what you are currently doing? If you at all keep your options open as a pharma professional, Call 1888-898-5820 for 24 hr recorded, secure, private message.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told 4 months for reps. & 6 months for mgrs.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to resurrect this thread but it is relevant now. Can anyone from previous layoff tell me if the package is for salary plus commission (paid at plan) or what. Also are health benefits covered for the severance period or do you have to go with cobra coverage. I have three kids and I have to plan my budget if I am cut loose.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am current employee. As far as I know, displaced Summit reps got 18 wks of pay and benefits and they were paid their bonus.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former Summit here. Sorry to hear about today and of course Friday. I received 18 weeks of severance and full benefits (meaning health), excluding car for the entire period. By the way, it just ended for all of us who were displaced. I am working now, but feeling for those who are not. It is tough out there, keep your options open and heads up. The sun will come up, I promise.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We were paid 16 weeks plus 2 weeks and vacation time. They paid benefits for 16 weeks. Cobra kicks in at 1900 for family coverage. We were able to keep the car for about 2 weeks. They tried to pick up sooner but told them I was out of town and they were fine with this. We were laid off Dec 15? and last pay was May 15th. You will go almost 2 weeks in beginning without pay. Hope this helps- put in for unemployment because you technically don't have severance in hand. Go and put in the day your package arrives. Bring copy to unemployment office. Good luck to all .

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the info. Figuring out how I can manage over the next few months is the only thing I can control..

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the information. We hate how you were treated and now a reorg again. Know it was tough for many of my:) friends. There is life after Sunovion. Thanks for the positive words and hope all landed decent jobs.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

apply the day you are told not to work! In my state they dont care if you are being paid. Call unemployment the day you are told to stop working in the field. Claim that day as the day you are laid off. Talk to your unemployement with your questions.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are wrong. Unemployment bene's do not work that way, sorry chotch. UE insurance is driven by the employer who has to verify with your state, you can "enter your voucher" whenever you want but it is entirely up to your HR dept. to fax over the termination, vacation, severance and income information prior too any claim from Unemployment being verified.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. Sunovion encouraged us to apply ASAP. We had a conference call and instructions on how to get unemployment...yes...even with the severence.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Chotch (or dumbass)!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A team manager that was displaced this past Monday. If I am not placed in the next two weeks as the roll out of the reorg is implemented, I will be given the same package as those severed in December. 6 months (24 weeks) plus two weeks and any vacation that has accrued. I believe the medical benefits will only keep rolling for 24 weeks and after that I'll have to take COBRA ($1,786/month) to cover my family if I don't find a job.

The severence will be exactly the same as it was when Summit team was let go in December. Good luck to the rest of the Ateam people sitting by the telephone on Friday.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Freshen up on State labor law sweet tits.. If you have severance of any kind, not matter what state, you are not able to have a claim period post and vlaidate until the company (HR) provided the state ue office with the start date, length, amount, and duration spread out of 2 pay periods per month....you will NOT begin to be eligible for state UE bene's until your sev. has cleared out in many cases this takes months. YOU CANNOT double dip the Federal Gov't, others have tried but they were eventually caught (federal offense).. having severance at the time of a layoff is a catch 22.... it will definitely hold back you unemployment payments something wicked but at least you are collecting severance in some sort, many pharma reps now a days are often no given a sev package of any sort, including medical extension via expiration at the end of the month. There will be idiots posting on here that they are someone getting a sev + unemployment payment, but anyone with any experience with this situation knows that is utter bullshit and a silly silly way to try and deflect you angry and depression about being canned. move on from it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All depends on what state you are in. I know my state, and surrounding states to me, this is not true. You definitely collect your unemployment along with your sev package.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is completely false. I and a handful of others who lived in PA and NJ and DE received unemployment as well as severance/medical coverage at the same time. I was laid off in the second layoff here. Maybe laws have changed since 2009 however this was legal at the time and I have not heard of this changing since 2009.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In some states, you can collect Unemployment right away IF you signed a "Release of All Claims" which states that you will never sue the company. I collected Unemployment AND my severance at the same time. I live in MA. I found another job and am still collecting severance! Love it! Good luck to all!,,,

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100% false. You cannot collect unemployment if you are receiving a severance. No matter what state you live in, this is the federal portion of the bill....non negotiable. IF you have never been on unemployment before or have been through a lay off, then pipe the hell down. I beg you to find me ONE state that lets an individual "legally" claim unemployment benefits with a severance payment, just ONE....come on you can produce ONE state......waiting...