A Disgrace

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2011 at 1:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened today was the worst act I have ever seen any company do.

I am still here, but after today I can no longer work at this shithole.

A few facts.

1. How do you hire 300 new reps and then have a rift 6 months later?
    2. How do you gut an entire sales force? The one salesforce that carried your company?

The bottom line is simple. Sunovion is dieing. There is no business plan in place. DSP is not going to save us. They are going to milk all they can out of us and then drop the ax.

My resume is fired up and out.

Today was a bloodbath.

The leaders of this company handled this so badly, it makes my head spin.

Once Lunesta goes, this company will not need anyone.

TO SUMMIT, WE ALL STAND WITH YOU. THIS IS A JOKE.

7 minutes. SO long. AND THEY GO Quiet.

THIS IS A FUCKING DISGRACE.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. Today was horrible!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hire layoff hire layoff hire layoff this is old hat with this crew. good luck in your job searches. there are a few companies gearing up to do some hiring in feb march but you wont be able to skip through the interview process like many did here. the company needs to be at about 600 people so you will see axe fall again after they exploit the people in the 1st qtr. this industry is dead nothing new no R and D going on. head for the life boats this bitch is going down. the japs were sold a bill of goods and they bought it hook line and sinker.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a former Sepracor/Sunovion rep and I heard the news today... I'm so sorry that you were treated so poorly and want to say to the Summit Sales Team there are so many better companies out there that treat their reps like they bring value and are worth their weight in gold. I left because I couldn't deal with living in fear of losing my job/being put on a PIP. Sunovion was the worst company that I worked for, but keep your heads up for the only way is UP. When I left my old company to go to Sepracor I quickly realized that the grass was not greener on the other side...because at Sepracor there is no grass...it's just wasteland. Summit, you're worth so much more than Sepracor/Sunovion and there are companies out there hiring. Keep your heads held high...karma is a bitch.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FRED GRFF

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JASON GLENN

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the original post. It was actually hard to read. As someone who loved selling these products because of the great relationships I have in the field I was totally blindsided by yesterdays move. I busted my ass every day and was actually burning vacation by not using it in my quest to win PCE. Shame on me...

Corporate america. S.h.i.t happens

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Name these "better companies"! In Pharma? They do not exist in today's world.
    Big Corporations=Big Greed-end of story.
    Loyalty and hard work mean nothing to Pharma in the US.
    You will be let go in less than 60 seconds to make the bottom line look good for Wall Street/Investors.
    It happened yesterday and it's happening everywhere. There are thousands of displaced reps out there vying for the same jobs. For every 1 opening in Pharma, there are at least 50 very qualified reps applying for the position.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your grammar is a fuckin' disgrace. What's a RIFT? It's a RIF dumbfuck! Stands for REDUCTION IN FORCE. Pull your head out of your cunt!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the truth that so many of you refuse to look at because you are so busy whining on cafepharma. You did not "sell" Xopenex IS. That product has been out since 1999 and hasnt been sold in years. That is what is wrong with this industry and your sales force, you think because you walked into a Ped's office and brought subway to a bunch of fat whores who get banged in the sample closet you "sold" something. Sunovion hasn't picked up a new prescriber in years. How many times did you go in and convince a non-believer to start writing. Never. Now lets really talk about your division's true selling skills. Alvesco, $38 million and missing the goal by $5 million or so. Read the posts' all over this site quoting how you sold your ass off and could have done more if you had better coverage. Guess what, selling $38 mill worth of product ain't selling your ass off. Anybody can sell with better coverage but then that's not selling, your back to dropping samples and subway and they don't need to pay you a $100k to do that. How about the great job "selling" Xop HFA? Oh yeah, what a great job, only going to miss the year end mark by $5 million and bringing in less than $65 million. I know, if only you had better coverage and lower quota's you would have done better. I don't mind the comments about the way this was handled but get real. Your team didn't sell anything and making claims you sold your ass off with Xop IS and you are carrying this company are off base. You really think your quota should be lowered on a $38 million product? The sooner you open your eyes and look at this from a profitability standpoint the sooner you can move on and get another job that hopefully you can be productive at. Until then, quit spending your time drunk and bitching about quota's. It's getting old.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be in another divison. And you have shit for brains. Fact 4 years ago when resp was resp again. National Market share wa sin the 5-6% range. as of last Friday around 11% Huge difference when talking about rx and units. You dont need you waste of time comments . Our quota has never been adjusted for any resp products we have sold. Oh ley me guess you must have actually sold a product that this company stood behind, good rebates, account director that actually showed up to bid for coverage, or dtc, whatever. the summit divion was the biggest money maker the company had, 90 cents on a dollar for IS. You are a supid fuck!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There we go. I knew it would come back to rebates and OCG. Clearly it shows you know nothing. Once again, they don't need a "sales person" to walk in and drop samples and lunch (which is what you do) when you have preferred coverage. Quit blaming others for your failure. Believe me when I tell you that you are not the most profitable division in the company. The reason I know that is that they don't cut the most profitable division dumbass. You were not profitable because you lost your ass on Alvesco and HFA. Because you didn't and can't sell. I love how everyone is trying to lay claim to Xopenex IS after all these years now that they are gone. You didn't sell it, you serviced it. That is exactly why they have pulled even more resources from it because they finally realized after all these years they don't need to pay bonus for you to service it. If you really understood the business side of this industry you would have seen it coming. Instead you have become bitter and hostile from all the years of rejection, both in the office and for promotions. It's ok though, because when you finally get another interview somewhere they love it when you bash OCG and tell them you can only sell when you have great coverage. It clearly shows you are not capable of thinking globally or understanding basic business which is why you contribute nothing beyond lunches and headaches for your manager. I am sorry you lost your job but remember it is not because of rebates, OCG, or DTC. Time to quit blaming everyone else, suck it up and move on.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, you are supid!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take out a segment of the market being measured and market share automatically goes up. Sales of actual units went DOWN. While I feel bad for my friends at Summit, I don't feel bad for dumbasses like you that looks like they should have never had a job in the first place.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kudos to the poster above who said it like it really is. I was fortunate enough to launch Xopenex IS when there were multiple NDC's with the major insurance companies not to mention no coverage with Medicaid. There was no DTC advertising and no indication for children under the age of 12. We were successful in attaining market share and brand loyalty. Most of the reps. who had the pleasure of carrying this product in their bag at least a couple of years after launch patted themselves on the back for the hard work that previous reps. put into the territory. I say shame on them for taking credit where credit was not due!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are all fools. Ive been at this stink hole for way to long. You have no clue what you are talking about. You think that Xopenex sales force wasnt the most profitable, you need your head examined. It was. You think Brovana sales make more money, nope. Oh Omnaris,.. no way. My heart to the summit folks. I have no idea and no one in house does either, besides making a fast buck off IS for the last breathing moments of its life span. You were product of greed. They think their Direct send program is going to make the same sales, crazy. For those of you that think that share and units went down, you again are not fit for business. I have seen the numbers, I have heard the spin and now you get to believe it because they have tainted the water. Don't let any manager tell you that summit did not fund the company and other business units of this once good company. Think for a second before believing, didn't we say we had products in pipe.....where look at it.... phase one and two. WTF they will have problems too. What happend to the oncology business unit, gone. Good luck field, it won't be easy, it won't be easy in here either.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. Our jobs here are temporary at best. Unless Latuda gets bipolar indication, Omnaris HFA launch goes well, and Brovana can hold onto market share, then we are all out on the street. While Lunesta is bringing in $ now, time is limited before generics come on board.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chicago rocks baby....................we are here to stay and many of us will be running this company!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TOOL!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck with a good Omnaris HFA product launch. My experience with the launches of Lunesta, Brovana, Omnaris and Alvesco is that all were dissmal to say the least.

Lunesta: Couldn't be imported to the USA as someone in-house forgot to submit paperwork to the DEA. (soon generic...pray for that ped indication)
    Omnaris: Me too product in a generic market-place with limited EBM articles to share with HCPs on it's main differences.
    Brovana: Can't forget the issues with the temp J code and the fact that a limited number of pharmacies wanted to cover it.
    Alvesco: That's right a contract field force that had no relationships in the respiratory marketplace that were eliminated rather quickly as the ROI was poor.

I saw it coming as soon as Sunovion established the sunovionprofile.com website. We should all be careful as we are all stepping on eggshells.

Happy New Year and Good Selling!