Still Reeling

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2011 at 7:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been here a long time, kept my job and I am still reeling from yesterday. It's always been that if you did fairly well and stayed out of trouble you at least had a fighting chance to keep your job in a downsizing....all of that ended yesterday. Now it doesn't matter about tenure, ranking, attainment, performance reviews, manager...none of it matters...

Gone in 60 seconds, just like the movie.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you believe that if you did fairly well and stayed out of trouble, that you would have a chance of keeping your job? Since you have been here a long time, did you not witness the last two layoffs? There were no regards to tenure,ranking, attainment, performance or manager. None of this matters now, just like it didn't matter then.

Anyone who is surprised by this event and the way it has happened is utterly ignorant about this company's recent history.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merry Christmas, It happened to me the first time, no reason, just unlucky. yet they still keep unqualified reps all over the states. I'v even heard of some without a college degree. a two year doesn't count

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company did look at performance & rankings for the first 2 layoffs. Yesterday, was entirely different. Everyone in Summet was let go regardless of performance and yearly reviews. This is indeed a new day here at Sunovion.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know how you all do it. Day after day not knowing when the axe is going to fall. Doesn't the stress get to you? How do you plan for certain life events operating under such terms that are so unstable and far more unstable than the average job in the economy today?

The only thing I can think of is that many of your here ( or in this industry) do not have the intellect or business sense to see what bad shape this industry and company was in. Starting with the fact a Japanese company came in and purchased this awful organization for over 1 billion is insane to begin with. Then simply looking at the demise of 80% of revenues going away by late 2013 (Xop and Lun) compiled with three awful products such as Lat, Omn and Alv how do you not see how bad of a shape this company is (was) in regarding stability or growth??????

The biggest issue I have is that 95% of you will be trying like hell to get another pharma job asap and will not look outside of the industry or take small step back regarding income for the return of building additional skills or stability. This goes for reps and DMs. It's like groundhog day but you all don't seem to mind. Hard to say I feel sorry for you however I do feel sorry for all of your families (kids).

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You pompous and condescending prick. I actually kept my job, but who in the hell are you to judge these people. If you got out of this terrible company or industry why on earth are you trolling a site like this? Let it go and move on. Noboday has asked for your sympothy or pity. Clearly you are an insecure tool who is still bitter about losing his job in the last round of cuts. Move on. You little little boy.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I beg to differ on the first layoff. I can sit here and name 2 different people who were let go who actually won trips that they didn't get to take. One was even hired back a while later at a much smaller salary. I know management tried to spin it that way, but I was a manager here for several years and I can't even explain how those two reps were let go.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you will think back, they let the poor performers go first: those who were DNM, PM, or those on PIPs. Then, they took a look at the territories by geography and placed the reps. and managers based on where people lived. I am sure if there was a territory where 2 people were eligible to work based on this criteria, they probably looked at tenure.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The first layoff was not performance based at all! An outside company was hired to do it and the criteria was never shared. Those of you who were told it was performance based were lied to. In many cases it were the higher paid reps who were fired while reps with little experience were kept. Employees on plans were kept while Regional performance leaders were let go. Had it been performance based there would never have been so many reps rehired and in some cases promoted to specialty positions from the displaced group of reps. You may remember a conference call which we had to correct a mis statement made to Sepracor shareholders concerning this by a V.P. who had to eat her words. The D.M. above is correct in their analysis.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is correct. Jonae Barnes was heard to say on a conference call to investors that those let go were "bottom performers". This created quite a firestorm at the time, with a letter coming out to the sales force that Jonae had misspoken, and then a letter was given to those dismissed saying that they were not dismissed for performance. Thanks for reminding me another way the management of this company fucked up in the past!