Tragic but its the Sunovion / DSP way

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2011 at 10:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left Sunovion a while ago and just heard the news. My heart goes out to my old colleagues - this was a jerk move on the part of Iwicki and DSP (and don't ever think they're not pulling every string). I experienced the heartlessness that became the Sepracor culture starting in 2008 and became only worse with DSP.

To those who are left, you cannot trust DSP leadership - they are only in it to build up Latuda and extract whatever revenue is left in the legacy Sepracor brands. There WILL be more layoffs. They will not add new products. Take what happened to Summit as a warning.

So sorry that this happened right before the holidays. God speed and good luck! Hope you all land on your feet.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right! Everyone left at this company should take notice. I am one of the unlucky ones to get displaced yesterday (hopefully I will be saying "Lucky" one soon) and I was one of those true believers that thought this company was on the up and up. Now with 24 hours of reflection, this company is pathetic. Next time Mark Iwicki, Ted Raad, or Todd Bazemore stands before you all and says, "We are positioned and have the best sales people in place to lead this company", like they did in Orlando, I hope you all have the guts to not clap. It's a farse and within 6 months, another axe will fall. They let go of some damn good reps who built up Xopenex and Alvesco to what it is today and just ruined it all. Good luck walking into our offices only to be shut out. It won't be your fault, it will be the train-wreck of upper management at Sunovion that is so damn incompetent to spend a little money, put together an actual top notch sales force, and give us the tools we need to succeed. Instead, they put a band-aid over a gaping wound and expect it to heal. Good luck to all of my brothers and sisters on the outside looking in. What knocks us down will only make us stronger and hopefully in 6 months we will be able to look back and realize this was the best thing to ever happen to us. Happy Holidays!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on- This is everyone's heads up. Get your resume updated. The new upper management is absolutely clueless. Mark I. has brought in another of his minions and now we will be at their mercy. They changed at least 280 lives forever yesterday, yet THEY are fine today. 24hrs after an email 280 people lose their jobs, they sit at their oak desks making plans on how to spin the profit they will now be able to show by lowering headcount. What I can't figure out is how they can spin hiring 100 people 5 months ago and then turning around getting rid of half of them and an additional 200 or so 6 months later. What is Japan waiting for?!?!?!?!? WIll you let him ruin your company? I have zero faith in this company, moving forward I will take of myself and that is it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you think you will be on your feet in six months in this economy i will take a half ounce of what you are on no jobs that pay like pharma sad but true

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mark I is just a puppet of DSP. That is where the decision originated. He was just part of the execution.

The reality is that Pharma is DYING. Some are forecasting that in the next 5 years, ALL of pharma sales forces will be 30-50% of what is today. It is only going to continue to shrink.

It's time for everyone to have a Plan B.

Best of luck to all.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So sad

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

layoffs are now typical in this industry and can happen to everyone. We all understand it is a nasty but real part of industry at this time. The severance packages are good, but not what they need to be in this job climate. It is the way this went down that is so troubling. Upper mngmnt lied about Summit being the right size to promote alv and hfa once IS went generic. If they didn't lie, then they were/are completely incompetent. There were no big changes or surprises in that market for the last 6 months.

Additionally, they hired roughly 100 new reps in June. How much does it cost to train new reps? How long before they have any impact on the territory? Couldn't they have transferred a number of Summit reps to Brovana and saved training and severance costs for at least 70 reps. Am I missing something? Didn't they (upper management) just waste a shit load of $$? Can someone explain this rationale?

How about some of those conference calls for the other divisions after the Summit debacle? managers expressed surprise and a little bit of sympathy and then proceeded to threaten reps with PIPs and emphasize Sunovion's "Culture of Performance"....REALLY????? You have the nerve to say that after a whole sales force was eliminated with absolutely no thought to performance. We see people from home office every day that fail to perform repeatedly, yet they keep their jobs! "Culture of Performance"????

How many former PCE winners and generally great performing reps are currently in the bottom 20%? How many reps will be on a PIP after major territory changes in July? Upper mangement loves to talk about issues with forcasting or that there may be some inaccuracies in pharmacies or DMEs reporting, yet a rep coming in at 99% 2 quarters in a row is in danger of a PIP. "Culture of performance'??

Apparently the leadership development courses on the EDGE (talk about another waste of money, there is no rep development in this company) didn't sink in. These RBMs did the opposite of what great leaders do to build morale. I have lost all respect for this company and its management. At least just stop the lying. This is a temp job and not a career. My heart goes out to Summit. You deserved better. i wish you the best. No one at this company should feel safe.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of the better threads I have read in a long time. Spot on. This could have just as easily been me. Just a matter of time. It was great working with you Summit PEOPLE. I'm sure many of our paths will cross again. God bless you all.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My god all of you people are acting like everyone got killed in an accdient or some tragic happened????? I don't get it? What the F is wrong with you all??? People lost their jobs...ok big deal....millions of people lost their jobs over the last few years and MANY of those in pharma. More importantly if you did not see this coming or the fact that this MAY happen to you at this POS company thats your own fault.

I too lost my job here a few years back and found a better one six months later. Let it go already...nobody died...nobody has been crippled or severly hurt or even diagnosed with a life threatening disease or been told their spouse is leaving them or had a child pass. Serioulsy, grow a set, be a man/woman and go find antother job in or out of pharma. Im sick of reading all these pathetic posts referring to God, praying and how sorry I am blah blah blah. ITS ONLY A JOB AND WILL FIND ANOTHER ONE. Stop with all the grieveing for gods F'in sake.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow things must be tough at Wal Mart. What an Ass. The posts to all the Summit reps are heart felt. The blnd side to a great sales force is tragic. The timing is horrible. The Summit division was our bread and butter. Typically had the tenured reps. Reps that helped other reps in other divisions. So just because your contract was severed early doesnt mean we or the ones that are sorry for summit are ball-less. We will miss these folks and their contribution. So nest time I see you greeting me I will let you put a YeLLOW smiley on my bag!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Response to psycho post. I posted the God bless to you all and I meant it. I am not sappy in the least but friends I cherish. You need help dude. Have you ever worked in a place where you had true friends? No I thought not. These were some of the best people I have ever worked with,many directly. You may want to start by not reading the board if you can't take it. I got an idea,don't use Gods name in vane. I have worked with heartless tools like you in the past, all I would tell my FRIENDS was watch your back with this one. I got an idea,count the true friends you have. Go ahead. Thats what I thought zero just like you. I understand its not death or disease we're dealing with but a job loss in this economy is devastating. You sound like an empty little man with empty little thoughts.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try doing a tour in Iraq or Afganistan or take a walk through a children's hospital, or don't be diagnosed with a fatal disease just be tested and wait for the results to come back in a week or so. Experience any of those then come talk to me about what life is really about and how insignificant losing a job is in the big picture. Losing a job is something hundreds of millions of people have done over the last year or so alone. You all act like genocide has been committed....lol.

I spent 10 years in this industry and most of you (85%) are all idiots. All insignificant, shallow, greedy, backstabbing, unintelligent, people with no character or real value to offer. Just like most people you "turn" to god when things go badly and in time of need but I'm sure tat name never comes out of your mouth other than that time. Go back to "praying" and weeping for all of the people who lost their jobs. Yeah I lost mine big deal I found another one. Move on already.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! You hate 85% of the people you worked with? Need I say more? Oh, I know,it was them with the problem not you. Keep telling yourself that. Why are you on this board little man? At least thats what the women call you. PSYCHO!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must suck to be you. Your glass isn't half empty its bone dry. You are a dark,dark, spooky person. Do you live in a bomb shelter,Chicken Little?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try being the Unemployed parent of one of those children. You fuck. Don't bring up anything you haven't lived through or going to. Don't you think for a second I wouldn't take a tour for my child, Fuck you. I will take all the prayers I can get. Thank you to all who's hearts are open.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Originally Posted by Anonymous

Try doing a tour in Iraq or Afganistan or take a walk through a children's hospital, or don't be diagnosed with a fatal disease just be tested and wait for the results to come back in a week or so. Experience any of those then come talk to me about what life is really about and how insignificant losing a job is in the big picture. Losing a job is something hundreds of millions of people have done over the last year or so alone. You all act like genocide has been committed....lol.

I spent 10 years in this industry and most of you (85%) are all idiots. All insignificant, shallow, greedy, backstabbing, unintelligent, people with no character or real value to offer. Just like most people you "turn" to god when things go badly and in time of need but I'm sure tat name never comes out of your mouth other than that time. Go back to "praying" and weeping for all of the people who lost their jobs. Yeah I lost mine big deal I found another one. Move on already.

Try being the Unemployed parent of one of those children. You fuck. Don't bring up anything you haven't lived through or going to. Don't you think for a second I wouldn't take a tour for my child, Fuck you. I will take all the prayers I can get. Thank you to all who's hearts are open.

What original hater, no more smart ass comments when real people with real issues shut you up. To the summit emplyees and parents, May god bless you and your family during this time. I pray that you are able to find comfort and find employment quickly.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whaaa whaa, I'm a pussy crybaby!! Go back to Iraq you big pussy!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been in your shoes. Trust me, you will get through this.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i don't understand this posting. Makes no sense??