I'm Just Sayin

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Dec 22, 2011 at 12:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder why this post keeps getting pulled? Could it be that a nail has been hit directly on the head? Hmmmmm.

Sincerely,

A Minority at Sunovion

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be white.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not usually post but was compeled to give my two cents on this topic. "Culture of a Company" is not just from the eyes of a sales person. It is the attitudes, mores, values for people, and vision of who and what it takes to succeeed. With that said, minimal research on Japanese values shows a frightening statistic. See the article excerp below.

"While American women are likely to leave the workforce to watch the kids at home, Japansese women are leaving the workforce because there simply aren’t the opportunities to succeed. What we call the “glass ceiling” here is referred to as the “bamboo ceiling” in Japan. It’s bendable, but it doesn’t break.

Why do Japanese women have so few opportunities for vertical success? For one, they’re often relegated to secretarial roles with little ability to make it to the top. Not only is that bad in an of itself, but it creates a vicious cycle. Very few women are at the top, so there are very few women to act as mentors to younger, ambitious Japanese women."

Different cultures ingrain certain cultural norms to their society and children. Degredation of women in the professional world is seen differently to Japanese men than in America. The same can be said for leaders of other cultures that may hold to low esteem minorities, much in the same way Japan sees a womans role. It is truly a shame to see so many actions by Sunovion that lead any reasonable man or woman that there is a lot of truth to our leaderships vision about how the company culture should look.

MODERATOR: Please question anyone who wants this healthy discussion on this board removed. Research and opinions about this subject will ultimately be good for Sunovion. I know the home office and our japanese counterparts view this site routinely, why not make it valuable input for the sales force and not just a bunch of complaining. This is a serious subject and we need serious people to provide their input.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

..."Arab men see women as subservient objects of lust". The general concensus among arabic executives is that a womans place is in bed and in the kitchen; definitly not the workforece and if in the workforce, no leadership responsibilities. ..."said one arab executive, "women are unable to manage the long days and stressful situations as can male counterparts." This attitude is not likely to change in the next century.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Serious question. Teofilo Uday Raad?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ted's days are numbered at Sunovion. His plan to move GG out in a year was successful. He bought a little time to sock away some more money. You heard it here first and always accurate.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Move GG out? Why was he there in the first place? Really. Who was responsbile for bringing him in anyway? Smith, Brooks, MI? Ted R didn't bring him in.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GG's not out!!! He moved over to the Lunesta team. He saved his own ass while dumping us on a mandatory conference call. I wonder if he can sleep at night?