medical leave

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Jan 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A piece of advice. Multiple reps were let go Monday with NO SEVERENCE. Reason given varied from performance based, profitability, expense reports etc. They are finding reasons to let folks go and not give severence. If your manager calls to meet you in person, call in for medical leave immediately. It's been done by multiple individuals now and its got the Ted and Patties heads a spinning.

I know some will question the ethics of this. Unfortunately, Sunovion is the unethical monster that is being dishonest with us. It's war. It's survival mode now. Milk the time as long as you can and take care of your family. Upper management declared war on the sales force. Either buckle up that chin strap and go to war against them or wave the white flag.

Most importantly, if they call don't answer and prepare your next move.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a previous dm, this is good advice. Then seek legal advice.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If u are on the fence for performance, put this in play. It's ur best chance.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The op is correct on all points. Medical leave is your best chance to survive. I know two individuals who umused this tactic and successfully bought themselves over a year. I too have ethical qualms about it. It's wrong. On the flip side, I'm betting those cut Monday and those on the coming cut will look back and wish they went on leave. Ethics are no more at Sunovion. It's over. Prepare for the next move and use any tool you have. Use medical as a last resource.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not advocate abusing the system or lying. It is just plain wrong. However, I know that there are probably legitimate physical and mental issues with some of you. What do you do to get the process started:

See your Physician and have them document your problem in your medical chart. If time off is required to allow for physical therapy, rest, or if you cannot perform your normal duties during the day, then document that also. If time off is warranted, contact the Hartford and let them know of your condition. You will be asked a few questions and mailed paperwork. You will initially have a couple of weeks or so to get paperwork from your Physician or have the Physician call the Hartford to verify your problem and rationale for time off. The Physician will tell the Hartford how much time off will be needed for your condition. The Hartford will grant the time off for up to 6 months before you must apply for long term disability. Regular Physician calls to the Hartford or they can fill out a form to fax to the Hartford will be required.

If you are fired from Sunovion during this process, which is their right, your benefits from the Hartford will continue until your able to return to work.

You will forfeit any severance monies during that time period.

I hope this is helpful to legitimate concerns. I do not condone nor do I think it is ethical or a last resort to cheat the system. I just want you to know that help is available if you really need it. May you be fortunate enough to have good health and prosperity.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. We.re all stressed.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contrary to what is being posted here you can still be fired or "let go" in a restructuring even if you are on medical leave, FMLA, etc. Do your research and get a clue already.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey little man, I know you are the big man at home, but not here. You answered the question you are being a smart ass about. If your on STD who gives a shit if you get let go. STD continues until you are cleared by you Doctor. You will get paid more from STD than the severance. If you get fired, then again, FMLA pays off like a slot machine. I would like to say what your wife wants to tell you, YOU ARE A STUPID SON OF A BITCH! And, she is fucking your neighbor.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys are killing me...It s a job...there are thousands more out there...maybe you'll make a little more...maybe less...but to abuse the system because you are so terrified to be a man and find another gig is so weak. Don't let this job define you...Believe me...You can do much better.

10. you are fucking stupid. stop talking out of your ass.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being let go without severance is a complete lie. If you are fired for performance, they have you sign a contract stating that you will not sue. If you sign, you get a severance, if you refuse to sign, you do not. Depending on your personal factors and employment history, it's up to you if you want to sign and give up your rights to sue, or forego a severance and begin a lawsuit. The reason they do this now is that virtually everyone that has been fired in the past year is suing the company and in many cases, the company is trying to settle.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is B.S. as a Sunovion mgr I have let multiple people go for perfromance issues (PIP) and they received 1 day notice and no severance giving up the use of their company car on that same day.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're either not a manager, or you're misinformed on current practices.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THis is soooooo not true. This is an at will company, you can be fired for no reason or any reason at any time and you have no recourse unless you were blatantly fired for age, race, creed, or religion, and can PROOVE it! The many reps who have been shit canned for not producing did not get a SEVERANCE of any nature. The 3 who were let go on my team were checked out that same day, often within 48 hours of receiving the written termination. Companies do not pay terminated reps severance you dope! This one is no different. If you had accrued vacation that is off course paid, as that is illegal not too...but there is no severance for fired reppies... are you that dumb?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are such a tough guy.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. There is severance if you agree not to sue-even if termed. Reps are not allowed to say it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How bout you don't post about things that you don't know about. Reps get severance option even if they are PIP'd and fired for numbers. You have to sign saying you won't sue, and you get a severance. Now if you get fired for faking expenses and falsifying calls or something you actually did very wrong, this may not be true.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, it is still true even if you did something wrong. Ask some of the reps and managers that were recently fired for "compliance" issues.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU DO NOT GET SEVERENCE PAY IF YOU ARE FIRED OR IN MOST INSTANCES DOWNSIZED.. SINCE I HAVE BEEN A DM WITH THIS COMPANY SINCE IT WAS STARTED...... DO NOT OPEN YOUR MOUTH..

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're absolutely wrong. If you're actually a DM (which it's obvious you're not), why don't you call HR and get the correct information.