Jan 9, 2012 Presentation to JP Morgan Conf.

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Feb 2, 2012 at 9:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While trolling on the internet I found this powerpoint presentation delivered by DSP at the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference. It is all about Latuda, not much about any of the existing products in the US. Looks like expectations for 2014 are $750 million for Latuda. What I found most interesting is the third bullet point as to why DSP is so devoted to Oncology. Read it and get a laugh or two.

http://www.ds-pharma.co.jp/ir/library/presentation/pdf/ir20120109.pdf

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry--slide 24.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty much says it all. Fewer Sales Reps.

Focus is CNS and Oncology. Anyone else is dead.

Reps are now at 1200. Expect that to be cut in half by mid-year.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't it funny how they put the sales force numbers (1500+) effective September 30, and they list Xopenex IS as a currently promoted product. And you are right about CNS and Oncology being the only two areas of focus in the future. Specialty markets and Allergy team, what are they trying to tell you?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In 2010, the Atypical Antipsychotic market was $16 Billion. That was before Resperdal and Seroquel, went generic. So, I wonder what the market volume was in 2011, with generic price compression. And I wonder what it will be as Geodon and others go generic as well. The pie is shrinking, due to the effect of generic drug pricing and switching. Where will it be when Latuda is expected to do $750 million year after next. You guys think you are under pressure now with your quotas, wait until then. The unaudited sales of Latuda are $86 million in 2011. A ninefold increase in 2 years! Wow!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aren't all the other products basically losing their patent by 2014? What else would you expect it to say? I doubt highly DSP is going to be devoted to sales of products that don't belong to the company (Omnaris and Alvesco). And the site loaded for me, but unfortunately the slides aren't loading. Maybe it's the settings on my computer.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unaudited sales ?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess that means fudged to look better before the investors. It is how the final sales are labeled on the slide from this mornings conference call to investors.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I liked slide 21--discusses our major marketed products--Latuda and Lunesta. What happened to the Allergy team's products, especially ciclesonide. Look at that, and then look where CNS and Oncology are the only two areas of focus. If I were selling a respiratory product right now,I would be really wondering what the hell is going on.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not worried and neither should you be. Maybe the production problems kept them from putting Omnaris and Zetonna in there because their impact on 2012 will be negligible. They have something up their sleeve in Marlborough, and I think we should just do our jobs until they tell us what it is.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh-huh