A team: Lovefest meeting in Chicago today.

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any updates?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big update! They took a "bio-break". I think that's good news. Relax dumbass these things take time

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jay Smith reprimanded managers for taking bio breaks at a meeting once!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know, I was there. He reprimanded for everything. Facial hair, bathroom breaks, too tan, don't like Hitler, etc.

Now he works for 1-800 Doctors. What an asshole

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Update, apparently this big meeting of the minds was postponed until Thurs. Stay tuned Sunovionssszzz sons a $&$@5

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was hoping one of you on the A team could tell me what Sunovion and Takeda are negotiating. My area director said negotiations were an ongoing process--but did not say what they are all about. Is it us allegedly breaking the contract? Is it the price or the upcoming milestone payment? Is it availablilty (although that would seem to be somthing that is what it is and isn't something to be negotiated)? What is exactly being negotiated? Thanks

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was one of the better posts from another threads about the talks:
    "Since this is a matter for the lawyers of both companies to figure out it may be awhile. Think about the fact that no solid launch details have been given around Zetonna and it takes time to put meetings together. The fact that nothing is being announced tells us that Nycomed is looking long and hard at whether to let us promote it for a price or take it back. Nycomed holds all the cards on Zetonna, and because both companies are claiming breach of contract on different points this could be a protracted battle. Will it effect Omnaris or Alvesco? that my friend is anybody's guess. Nycomed contends that when we fired the Summit sales force we broke part of our contractual agreement for guaranteed number of details in first/second positions. We pay a small but significant royalty over and above the price we paid for the right to promote the ciclesonide line based on total revenue. If they make this stick it would put Nycomed in the drivers seat for controlling the future of Zetonna and/or the entire ciclesonide line.

The longer This goes on, the worse it looks for us."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for taking the time to find such a well reasoned reply for me. I appreciate it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chicago recognized as the home of the WINNERS, Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, this post while written eloquently is completely wrong. The negotiations are now taking place because Nycomed broke the deal of the contract, which was to supply product (Omnaris AQ) without break. Now that there is a break in supply due to the AQ unavailability, we have the right to negotiate a new price that is different from our contract, or let the product go back to Nycomed (Takeda) for a lump sum payment they will pay us. This has nothing to do with firing the Summit team and the number of P1/P2 details. That portion of the contract was finished in March of 2011 and is no longer a part of the contract. Nycomed has no choice in whether they get the product back or not, that is SOLELY our decision. Why would we let it go? The royalties we pay are high. Adrian negotiated a terrible contract to get new products into the then Sepracor to make it more attractive to purchase. We are not making much if any money on cicelsonide. Now is our opportunity to get a better price from Nycomed. If we don't Zetonna will be let go to go back to Takeda. Why? We cannot compete with Teva when they come to market with Qnas. They will negotiate hard with managed care and put their product in favorable positions based on the deep discounting they can and will do. We do not have the ability with the current contract, and more than likely will not have that ability even after a better negotiated price. We will NOT be second to the market. If they come out before we do, we have NO interest in the product. So this negotiation has nothing to do with Nycomed determining if they want the product back, but rather whether we want to promote the product based on having a better price or not. This negotiation does not affect Alvesco. It is strictly for the nasal steroid portion of the contract.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I know is that the competition is trying to recruit all of us away from sun to help launch the new products about to hit the market this year. We need some answers quick or this gig is up.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So leave

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is NO expansion at Teva current respiratory reps will sell new drug!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not sure the company (or anyone at the company) would care if you left. So rather than bitching, why don't you allow someone to "recruit you away" and stop simply warning that you might leave!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah like your superior "sales skills" and "work ethic" are is such high demand within the industry. Please.... For every opening or any newly posted position in this industry for any therapeutic disease state there are 50 people standing in line with the same or better skills, exp, success as you think you have. Hence is the problem for people like you......the ball will NEVER be in your court and you will always be just a number and easily replaced like a random part on an assembly line. Same goes for the DM and for the most part RD positions. Do yourself a favor and get a real job outside of this industry to take back some of your pride and negotiating power for future jobs outside of pharma. I am hoping you already realized this and your post was just for show.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the above poster: YOU either work for Sunovion or ANOTHER pharmaceutical company OR you would not be posting here. Of course, you could have been in the group who were cut in December. Regardless of which group you fall into, you are working in an industry which you undoubtedly feel shameful about. So, my question for you is this: Why don't you get another job in another industry so you can feel good about yourself? Don't throw stones @glass houses my friend!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think that person is shameful about their job. They're just pointing out to the poster above that there are MANY qualified candidates looking for jobs at all times in this industry and that the person who is saying they're being "lured away" should take advantage of an opportunity where someone wants them specifically. The poster they are speaking to appears to be a little entitled by their post. Ten years ago there were double the amount of positions available as there are now. I believe this person's point is (and I agree), that this job isn't exactly rocket science and we are all easily replaceable and with a sales rep who is comperable to our own abilities. Reps leave and take other jobs. Even if several leave, the company will easily fill those open positions with solid candidates so if the original poster is lucky enough to be offered a better opportunity, they should certainly take it. However, we both know they most likely aren't being offered anything.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are partially correct, but are off on a couple of keys points. First, although you are correct about the P1/P2 ending in 2011, Sun. missed the target numbers by~18% which triggered a clause in the contract that extended the detail quota until end of Q2 of 2012. When we laid off the Summit team we effectually broke our contract with Nycomed. They are contending that we breached our contract of two fronts (although I don't know what other claim they are making). They believe they have every right to take the products back if we do not offer what they are looking for. Takada is looking for additional product in their bag, and are looking at this as a possible addition to the portfolio should we not meet their terms.

Second point, the talks include the entire ciclesonide line, not just Zetonna. At least this is Nycomed/Takada's stance as they believe we failed to live up to our contractual obligations.
    Granted, they could be making these claims just to counter the fact that they failed to supply Omnaris AQ. Either way, it means that the lawyers will cause this to go on for awhile which lessens the value of Zetonna. You may have hit the nail on the head when you talked about decreased value after Teva's launch thereby making it easier for them to take it back.

Now the final point which many of you already know, Teva is expecting approval of Qnasl before the end of this month (some say end of next week). We have been told that Teva has product and packaging ready to go and are only waiting for final PI approval which happens the same day. Cardinal and McKesson have been told to expect pharmacy shipments to arrive 7 to 10 days after approval from the FDA. I have been told by a friend that works at Teva's PA office that reps that have completed their module training can sell off the PI and let physicians know that they can write the product once it reaches the warehouses, as auto shipments to the chain pharmacies will occur almost immediately.

Bottom line, unless we get this cleared up tomorrow, we will not beat Teva to the market. We have been told that if we get Zetonna, it will take a minimum of 30 days for us to start shipping the product, at least another 30 after that to setup a launch meetings. The window is closing fast...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong, wrong, and wrong again. I left pharma over 4 years ago kido. I used to work here and literally thank god a few times a week I left when I did.....not just this place but the industry altogether.

Oh, and before you start with the "why are you still posing on here blah blah blah crap" all you kids constantly say.... It's because I love to come back here and see how spoiled, unintelligent and entitled you all still think you are. Somehow and for some reason things never change and the fool who posted above still thinks the way they do.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have a very sad life if this is what you "love" to do.