HOW / WHY

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Mar 1, 2012 at 7:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can no one be able to tell us the fate of the "A Team"????

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think yesterday's announcement about the purchase of Boston Biomedical says a lot. I think the launch of Zetonna was delayed so the company would not have to make that milestone payment that was due. After all, DSP had to come up with $200 million right now, has to come up with another $540 million pretty soon, and another $1.9 billion upon commercialization milestones of the two oncology molecules. They will end up paying about the same as they did for Sepracor when all is said and done.

That being said and with the successful acquisition of BB, was this a delay to spend money on Zetonna (payment, cost of launch) or does management feel we do not need them any more since our Oncology future looks so bright.

Do not be surprised if we all know something in the next two weeks one way or the other.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Commercialization for oncology products will not occur until 2015. Unless A Team has something to sell, division will not be needed. Will Sunovion let current employees interview for "new" oncology sales positions or will they push for experienced oncology representatives (remember Latuda launch)? Let's hope that the company will realize loyalty should mean something because if you do not have oncology experience, then you would have to leave here, get experience, and then re-apply. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or does it?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there is no way they will let any of us sell the ONCO drugs--they did not even trust us with an atypical psych drug so there is no way in hell they will let us promote to HEME/OC.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Turn it over to Special Markets.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can tell you for a fact--Sunovion will hire an oncology sales force from the outside. It will hire those with a proven track record and established relationships. YOU CAN BET THE FARM ON IT!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL, that's a good one. They'll hire from the outside. No doubt about that. They'll hire current oncology reps.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope these compounds will treat the cancer I got from taking Lunesta.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could not agree with this more! Every company that I have been at in the past that had an Onc division (Novartis, J&J, Roche) NEVER brought people over from other areas not even from other specialties. Even when there were layoffs and had open Onc positions nobody ever was able to interview for them instead they were laid off. Its not that other people don't have the selling skills or intelligence to learn it's just that the relationships are worth a ton of money as well as the disease state in definitely much more complex than insomnia or Asthma or COPD, etc. Onc reps tend to be a bit more mature (physically and their approach to the job) overall. In addition I HIGHLY doubt 80% of you will be here by 2015 anyway.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This place is lousy. Odds of any drug in oncology being approved slim to none. absurd. Even if so, no one currently employed here would even be granted a courtesy interview.
    Just not a place you feel good to be. Best comment you hear from ANYONE "I'm just glad to have a job". That only takes you so far.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes I remember the Latuda launch, how is that connected to this hot mess? The Latuda hiring was a operation of finding warm bodies, pref, bodies that were unemployed to launch into a primary care metric sales force. 10 calls per day, limited upside bonus if any, but def. a team put together with a strict adherence to entry level, non boat rockers to go with the lillie kid puppet like DM's they hired to babysit and study the calls per day and roi component from the daily tracking of ALL your daily activity. This is the Latuda team, make no mistake about it. For some its a job, for others its an embarrassment.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You couldn't be more mis-informed

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prior to the launch, noone inside was allowed to interview UNLESS they had sold in the atypical disease state market. They did not care if you had a pristine record here or not , PCE, strong track record, etc.) With that being said, noone here believes for one second that Sunovion will give anyone here a short at the oncology jobs UNLESS they have oncology experience. This fact is really a morale buster for the field sales teams. Especially, when you consider that layoffs will occur once our present products go generic.

It should be noted, that Sunovion's plan to bring in "experienced" reps. to launch Latuda is a dismal failure. Many of the reps. and RBMs who came on board did so because they were unemployed - not because they really wanted to work for Sunovion. I agree with the poster above, there will be a mass exodus once this industry calms down or if the economy improves, and people can find jobs in other industries. Sunovion will be left holding the bag!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I think for the first time ever on this board there is full agreement that this oncology acquisition will benefit no one in any of the sales forces unless they have experience. Just like Latuda. I wouldn't say that the Latuda launch was a failure because of the reps they hired. It could be that it's just a crappy molecule in a crappy environment.

At the end of that day where does all this leaves us?

In terms loyalty, feeling engaged, and having a future with an organization that has respect for it's people, I can't help to think that a lot of us continue to have that empty feeling that persists since Summit was let go.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you ever heard that old saying: "If a man or woman was unfaithful to their spouse, what makes you think they would be faithful to a new one" (meaning you)?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice post. I personally have my doubts about the industry or economy calming down. I feel they are both on life support. The media is trying to portray an improving economy. Please don't be misled. One of the many headwinds that I feel we face is he countries debt. The only way to get out of this debt is for federal reserve to continue to print money. If history is any indication this will lead to inflation. Many economists feel that this is reason (of many) that fuel prices are on the increase. Increased fuel prices, food prices etc will have a very major impact on Sunovion's bottom line. Not trying to be negative, but my opionion is these higher prices will continue, and have a negative effect on both Sunovion, and the industry in general. I am personally attempting to get out of the industry. Good luck to all.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of the better posts I have read on here!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember Jay S going off about the experience thing. Maybe it's all irrelevant. At the end of the day south of 100 million one year out can't be anything but a failure. 200 million after two years won't make up any ground and so much for any profit. Maybe it'll turn around. for us.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ron b was the one who made the call and got approval to buy the atypical experiened reps into the co. That is fact

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The latest talk is there is going to be a specific contract sales for assigned ONC. Also, Later this year most Latuda sales will be contract.