Merger with B&L

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know this rumor has been going on for a while, but have we all been waiting it out just to merge? That would really suck! No vesting, no new managment, no hope to get away from tracking us from the time we wake until the time we go to bed. Is this really the big announcement we are all waiting on at the end of the month?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to tell you, but if you think a "merger"
    is gonna happen, put your crack pipe down. If
    anything we will be "sold" and we will be
    lucky if any of us have jobs. B and L does
    not need a sales force. The executive team
    will be fine. It is everyone else that will get
    screwed.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

um the executive team would be out- thats just basic business should it be B & L the sales force would be needed since we have more products than B & L and one rep cant carry all of them...

also since when is B & L independent- they are private

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an idiot. I meant the executive team
    will have their golden parachutes and leave all
    of us Ista sales people screwed without jobs.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have several reps per territory already you idiot! Plus, lens reps in addition to the two reps per territory! Enjoy that merger, take over, whatever!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why is our stock keep going through fluxuations during after hours trading? Lately, in evening trading ISTA stock has been going up 10-15 cent$ or down 10-15 cents. I ask this because its unusual activety on a consistent basis over the past 2 weeks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think people are buying and selling it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the stock will always be a roller coaster until since we are small pharma

get use to it

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't say?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome, now get your shit and get out!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are screwed. BL has multiple sales forces who call on our existing docs. No way the Ista sales force sticks around. It will be cherry picked and most probably lose their jobs. Just a gut reaction.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

shitty sev package.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah it is shitty...but who I worry about most is Vince and his family...hopefully they will pull through this. That ferrari payment has got to be a beast. And the jet...everybody pray for him.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what was the package.
    when are you expected to be cut.

ex B&L'er here.

find another job asap. you don't want to work for B&L. especially west of the Mississippi. director is a night mare.
    if you are east of it, especially north east then maybe it could be a decent job. There is only 1 manager worth working for. the rest are useless.

but most all of you will be out for sure I'm guessing.
    start looking asap.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes B & L is going to clean house with a 4 month severance package. PART OF THE DEAL WAS THAT ISTA EMPLOYEES GOT EXTRA STOCK A FEW MONTHS AGO SO THE BOARD MEMBERS COULD SLEEP AT NIGHT with the horrible 16 week package and ONLY 4 months of cobra for all reps regardless of tenure!

Yes there is a hiring freeze with B&L now, but Any open positions will still be an open interview process and NOT automatically filled with ex-ISTA reps. I heard some manager in Florida told the entire company that you would all "be happy and love the news!" Sorry for the reality check but most ISTA reps will be severed by JULY 31st. That is why your board never bothered to give you a new compensation past for the 2nd half of the year and why lots of top reps (who had good intel) left before the press release. I would be very proactive about my future.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It wasn't a manager in FL who said that the company would all be happy with what was going on it was the SE regions RBD who made the comment on the SE regions last conference call. If ISTA reps losing their jobs is something to be happy about then he probably should have just kept his mouth shut.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BJ is a tool bag. Hope he is the FIRST one
    let go.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone working tomorrow?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how is tomorrow going to be different from any other weekday you sit around and bop your bologna ?