Acquisition of Depuy

Discussion in 'Wright Medical' started by Anonymous, May 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that Wright is considering buying Depuy. Has anyone else heard this? That would be so awesome. Especially since I just started in this business 3 months ago. There are a lot of Depuy joint surgeons in my territory so I would inherit probably a 3-4 million dollar territory overnight. I love this business.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In this business you must earn your money. Good luck when it falls from the sky! Milk it while you can!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go back to your podiatrists troll. This makes zero sense!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are truly an inexperienced ass. Depuy has more than 4x the revenue of Wright and they have revenue streams in areas that Wright does not even have a product offering. Keep waiting to inherit business instead of earning it by selling and you will be out of the business as quick as you were in. Let me know if you still love this business after you hit puberty.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone else heard that we are merging with Wendy's?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. It's Burger King, not Wendy's. The King needs a new hip.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's right! Big Bob has fed employees so many Whoppers, he might as well make it part of the product line!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This might be the funniest thread I've ever read. Nice work OP, very funny!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should all be ashamed! Wright is decent company. It is very possible for Wright to purchase Depuy. I've seen crazier things happen.....for example there was this one time we elected a community organizer to run our country and it ended up kicking us square in the taint........

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome post, about 3 months and the"anointed one" is gone hopefully he will take his entire party with him back to Kenya

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmer relocated their distribution to Memphis this year. Makes sense with Fed-Ex.
    Would it make sense for Zimmer to buy Wright and relocate to Memphis?

Seems they could recruit better talent and the city of Memphis would like to be "The Orthopedic Capital" so probably offering tax breaks.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way. Zimmer is huge and that would be an enormous expense to move for a "small" acquisition.

More likely: Whoever buys Wright after the DPA ends fires everyone except for a few key product managers and high performers in the sales force after a year or two of "integration". Operations are moved to acquisition headquarters over time to "realize synergies". Top execs make a bunch of money off of stock options and go do something else.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Wright own or lease the buildings in Memphis?

Why is it considered a small acquisition?
    Zimmer needs the growth in hips and knees to compete with Stryker, J&J, etc.
    Wright made the extremities direct reps correct-which is favorable for selling the business.

They might move a segment of the business like Marketing and Sales Management from Warsaw.Driving four hours to Chicago or Detroit for an International flight is tough.
    They moved distribution for next day delivery which was not possible in Warsaw.

Both Wright and Zimmer have "right sized" with layoffs.
    Seems like something is happening...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmer could make a worse acquisition than Wright. Their biological products would certainly help. Same with small joints. Would still like to see Zimmer acquire a spine company and or trauma.