Keep job at Wright or Abandon Ship?

Discussion in 'Wright Medical' started by Anonymous, Jun 11, 2012 at 8:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a lowly worker at Wright and do not get the inside scoop of what is going on. Reading all these posts is pretty alarming and makes me want to look for another job. I have the opportunity to interview with another company, but I'm worried if my boss heres about it I will get fired. It seems like no bad news has come out in a while... Does anyone think its looking up for Wright? Or should I get out while I can? Any advice?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just ask your boss how the hip business was last quarter.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your boss is probably too busy looking for a new job himself to realize you are looking. Poorly run and managed 3rd tier company that can not attract or retain talent.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just look at Q1 financial statements. The ONLY segment that grew over Q1 2011 was foot and ankle. EVERY OTHER SEGMENT DECLINED. And they can brag about increased cash flow all they want, but if net sales and profit are going down, that is BAD NEWS. Also, they say they broke out reporting of large joints vs extremities for better visibility; the only time an executive wants better visibility is when it directly benefits them. The only reason they would split out large joints when they are performing so poorly is that they are actively trying to spin off those product lines. If your job has anything to do with hips, knees, or even biologics for that matter, GET THE F!(& OUT.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They should never have fired FB

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Met the area manager for the Northeast, what a tool. If that is the caliber of the management team, no wonder everyone is looking to get out. He couldn't come up with a coherent sentence if it bit him in the ass. I was told how bad he was by a rep and a materials manager and had to see for myself. What's worse is that he used to work for Stryker.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He fired himself.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, just look at the latest juggling of your production management. I have to say that putting DM in an office away from people was a brilliant move, albeit about 8 years too late.
    I can't really place all the blame with him though, Kyle the Chameleon has nurtured a hostile work environment for years at Wright until Bill came along. If I have to sit in another meeting and listen to "MY machines" or "MY floor" one more time, I'll puke! I'm guessing The Chameleon had something to do with WH stepping back into production to save the day. WH...there's a winner. He's there about 50% of the time,MAYBE! And when he's there, he's trying run his schlong off into everything he can. Hell, if I drop something , I'm scared to bend over & pick it up!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wright is the Titanic of device companies.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, this is the funniest thing I've read in months. I literally snorted up coffee over this.

It does amaze me how much dead weight is carried up the ladder. Makes you wonder if there's some pictures of KJ and a burro in WH hands.