Foundry Shutdown

Discussion in 'Wright Medical' started by Anonymous, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wright's Foundry will be shut down in 6 to 9 months. Wright operated their own Foundry since the early 80's.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked there in the 90's and it should have been closed then. The volumes were not enough to support the cost of running that type of operation. I feel for the folks that will be displaced in such tough economy. They were all dedicated to the company and produced high quality castings.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe it took this long! Wright's product cost in other areas have been carrying the high cost of operating a captive Foundry for way too many years!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good news is that all of them will have jobs in other areas with Wright

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A terrible decision.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is this a bad decision?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on how you view the decision.... bad if your directly involved, good for the overall profits of the business. Those types of operations are dangerous and comsumes energy beyond belief.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems like the type of job one would be in for 30 years, promoting the idea of seniority on the shopnfloor.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any idea who will be the new supplier?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The savings will be used to pay the new COO.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Orchid Orthopedics

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck with your new supplier.....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That wont be enough money to pay for the promotions of two new Presidents and new COO. I just hope they don't layoff the little guys that will be displaced in the Foundry.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could this be a trend? What areas are next - Accounting, Distribution....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Accounting and HPMS folks will need thier own office tower soon if someone doesn't stop the out of control hiring. We can't seem to make money - wonder why - Oh lets vend everything....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everything runs is course, sooner or later someone will ask just why you have so many people and the correction (RIF) happens.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who brokered the deal at Wright? Hope they put damage for delay terms in the contract!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will probably be long gone when the poor suckers left behind have to deal with the mess.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I looked at your financial fillings - you make plenty of money, you just spend too much money to get your products to the customer. Not rocket science...