Augment/BMTI merger

Discussion in 'Wright Medical' started by Anonymous, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, what do you think?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

guess that means the for sale sign is not in yard (at least for foot/ankle division)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you overpaid in desperation!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This product line will be the next Infuse. I predict $500M in sales in biologics in 2 years.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, haters.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great move - about time WMT took some chances...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Game changer.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Waaay too early to be that cocky. Many many obstacles in the way and no clear path for approval by the FDA. Pray and hope that Wright didn't sell their soul and cash into a Titanic.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Game changer. You know that it's basically the same thing as Regranex, right?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Except that Medtronic killed anyone's chance for selling bio products off label, and 80% of their Infuse sales were off-label.
    Let's do some simple math... $500M in annual revenue... $5k per sales unit, which is wildly optimistic... you only have to sell it in 100,000 F&A procedures per year to hit that number. Which still probably doesn't justify a $400M deal. Good luck with that!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't see how Wright was in a position to buy a product that isn't even guaranteed to be approved for 400 mil. You have basically guaranteed the failure of your Ortho recon/ upper extremity division by removing that capital. So now you are putting all your eggs in the foot/ankle and biologics divisions. What's the a average tenure of those reps? How loyal are those docs? I left 2 years ago because I could see this coming. I am very glad I did and have been doing great since. I would recommend all Ortho recon reps leave. The grass is a lot greener with the big boys

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another solid move. I'm guessing the architect of this deal was the point man for Micronail.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's funny -

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surely the management group looked into that....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am tired of the Micronail bashing. Micronail is a solid product that has a niche market...hacks who don't attend meetings! Is it revolutionizing the distal radius fracture market, no? Should the guy who came up with the idea be tied to a chair and beaten with hammers, yes.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Micronail has its place. No, not everyone uses it. Not everyone uses all-poly tibias and cups either. Not everyone uses ex-fix in podiatry. I think that Micronail is a great concept and can be a real benefit to a certain population. I am proud to carry this product because without this kind of out of the box thinking we wouldn't make technological advances.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last post is pretty lame. It was obviously written by someone at Wright corporate and should scare the sales force at how out of touch they are.

All poly tibias are an old technology. Most of the market has moved on. There are pockets of surgeons who feel this is a cost effective option for their older patient population. Micronail is a new and unproven technology that has really failed to gain any traction. Micronail in not being used as cost effective option because it is almost always more expensive that a distal radius plate, pins, or ex-fix.

Ex-fix has been used for a long time in the foot and ankle. You should read the history of external fixation. Over the 10-20 years podiatrist have made a push to do more rear foot reconstruction. This has lead to podiatry fellowships etc. Part of doing this meant that podiatrist started using technology long used in orthopedics. Micronail does not have a long clinical history like ex fix. The reason for its limited use in podiatry has to do more with the fact that a lot of podiatrist don't do rear foot and even fever do the cases that need ex fix. This is not the case with micronail as just about every orthopedic surgeon sees or has treated distal radius fractures.

Wright put all their eggs in the micronail basket. They should have developed a decent distal radius plate and used micronail as a complementary product. Instead most wright reps get locked out of distal radius cases because the locon plate is trash.

This is why I left Wright a couple years ago and haven't been happier.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, but upper extremity has been finished at wmt for years. No need to pile on poor ol' micronail (or locon). They are just milking what $$ they can from the products that still sell. Look for recon to follow the same pattern until they sell the company. They are banking on foot and ankle and biomimetic to get a good price.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing going up in smoke will be Wright's stock price when the opening bell rings tomorrow.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest