CRO's are hiring.....

Discussion in 'CROs - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2013 at 3:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...anyone with a health care background and who has a pulse...even if the pulse might be a little weak. I am (unfortunately) working for a CRO now after 15+ years in Pharma. We hire bodies, not talent.

In the past, Pharma hired talent only. The rest went to CRO's. Unfortunately, most Pharma companies are using CRO's and the talent has had to go there. So with any CRO, the waters have gotten murky and it's a crap shoot on how big the good talent pool actually is.

It takes about 3-6 months to weed out a very bad employee and longer for a plain old under
    performer. That's a lot of time to do damage and it takes longer to do damage control.

So, if you are a good BS'er and can afford to work for a CRO for 6-12 months before moving to the next one, CRO's are the way to go. 100-120K for a year as a CRA before you're found to be incompetent is the way to go.

Jeez, I hope the pendulum swings the other way and Pharma realizes the shell game that CRO's are playing.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What made you go to a CRO after Pharma? Layoffs? I used to work for a CRO and now work for a small pharma company. Honestly, I kinda prefer the CRO. They were organized, technologically advanced (EDC vs paper CRFs) and basically had their stuff together. Pharma as a CRA isn't all it's cracked up to be in my opinion. Or maybe I'm just at the wrong one....