CRO landscape in USA

Discussion in 'CROs - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2013 at 4:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where are the major CROs located these days? Seems it was once: RTP, San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, NJ (and to some extent Austin TX). With all the mergers, acquisitions, & CRO layoffs in the last few years, has this landscape changed? Curious to hear input on this. Thanks very much.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not too much has changed with the major CRO locations you identified above (assuming Philadephia is part of NJ). Some secondary locations include Ann Arbor, Wilmington, NC, Cincinnati (I'd rate Austin as secondary nowadays too).

Some CROs are utilizing low cost areas domestically (rural US locations for data management,etc) instead of going offshore.

hope this helps...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Helpful, thanks. Your comment about DM jobs remaining domestic is encouraging. A lot of my coworkers (not CRAs...) work from home, and many are in some pretty remote places with no CRO presence (eg. Idaho or Denver). They don't seem too concerned about their work situation. Of course, it was no always this way in the CRO industry. I would be curious to hear others' opinions on the working from home trend. Is it a trend, or is it here to stay?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jay Dela Cruz IntouchBio, originally from Genentech based in Moreno Valley Ca
    Organ harvesting, drug efficacy evals, surgical and neurology models, oncology research
    Clinovo, Sf Bay area
    Clinical Data solutions provider based out of Sunnyvale Ca

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Qunitiles has a large office in Overland Park, KS (Kansas City Area)

Covance has a large office in Madison, WI.

I have interviewed at both.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clinovo is based in the sf bay area (Clincapture, clinical trials, webinars)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how much coin can you make working for a CRO in a sales role?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you can make a nice living. opportunity has to be right though (good company in a good territory). there's so many CROs, it's getting tougher and tougher to make many benjamins/paper/coin, etc.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just heard Actavis acquired a South Florida CRO to conduct exclusively their studies. This is now the 3rd CRO they own. I can assure they will contribute to the continued downfall of North American CROs. Shame.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do the larger CROs typically include a relocation package with job offers?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have not heard of CRO paying relocation. If they do, it won't be much.