next purchase

Discussion in 'Wright Medical' started by Anonymous, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A rumor bird told me Zimmer and Stryker are looking to buy us.

Has anybody else heard this?

Zimmer is still lacking a F/A portfolio and a complete bio line. We then could jettison our upper extremity pile of shit into the ocean.

Stryker would just be buying up market share and a total ankle.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i don't see that happening. why would wmt be beefing up it's salesforce so aggressively for them to be canned after an acquisition? if they didn't sell when their stock was in the hopper, i can't see them going to one of the big 3. perhaps someone equal in size?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also heard this. WMT ultimate goal has to be a purchase.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will happen, it will happen... just a matter of time. Zimmer is too consumed by the Biomet deal and they have to prove the little buy of Normed extremities was worth their while. I vote Stryker... or S&N (lots of cash)? It will happen before the year is out.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wright medical wasn't as appealing to the bigger companies due to their recon line and distributors. They got rid of recon and now everyone is direct. They are positioning for someone to aquire who wanted to beef up portfolio or get into foot and ankle market. It will be harder and harder for them in this healthcare climate to stay on large contracts and/or charge as much for their products. They won't be able to justify the premium of their plate, screws, nails, etc over Synthes and Stryker. It would be best to sell now before that happens. It would most likely be someone without a total ankle who doesn't also need a shoulder. Zimmer just launched their ankle and purchased normed and Biomet. Stryker has a shoulder but no ankle. Smith and nephew doesn't have a shoulder or ankle. Depuy has a shoulder but their ankle sucks. Synthes and wright would probably have to much market share for a deal.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker HAS already bought SBi. It has not been announced yet. They need an ankle to augment the F/A portfolio. That leaves us and Tornier. I wonder who will go first.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Integra has more f/a business than tornier. Easily..

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A publically traded company like Stryker can't buy another company with out announcing it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also think it will be Stryker. A.H. worked for Wright for years and then left and sold MMI to Sryker, now he has sold Solana to Wright with 30 mill is stock options. He is for damn sure the catalyst in this deal which I think is going on with Stryker. Wright will be bought by someone soon.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

beefing up salesforce to grow as quickly as possible. Reps are expendable in 1-3 million $ territories. Thats the new business model all over the country anyhow. Keeps the power in the companies hands. Big Bob sells companies. The solana and orthopro were cherry picked companies to diversify a bag (solana) and gain market share (orthoPRO).

Besides the new logo sucks, good time to get out.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that WMT and Conmed are in discussions: the two companies join forces to increase market cap, layoff redundant overhead to improve EBIT, and fend of larger sharks. Can't believe their boards would sign off on such a merger, by WMT plus the Linvatec power and sports med franchises would be very interesting.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that Metasurg is looking to acquire Wright. Has anyone else heard this?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard you're an idiot. That is just asanine. You have to be kidding. If they were smart they would merge w Integra and get in on regenerative for foot and ankle. But what do I know

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smith & Nephew will purchase Wright.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why S/N? Still think zimmer makes the most sense.

Stryker sounds like they are buying sbi.
    Jnj has synthes

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S&N has a terrible F&A line in regards to plates/screws. Wright has a very large share of the market in that arena. Combine that with the Illizarov & Spatial Frame business and now we are talking a nice bag of products. S&N would own the market. Plus both companies are based in Memphis so logistically it makes sense. If S&N wants to remain a player they need to acquire someone of substantial relevance and size. Look around. There's not that many companies left. I'm surprised no one is talking about Arthrex being gobbled up. To me they seem like they are ripe for the picking.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Arthrex is privately held. Do you know who Herr Schmieding is?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Arthrex will be bought. Don't think there haven't been offers plus how are they going to compete? Seriously how are they going to compete? Yes they can buy someone but will it really make a difference? Nope..doesn't matter how much money the owner has. They will not be able to compete in the new market that is forming in front of us. It's really that simple. Also don't count out Stryker buying Arthrex

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rheinhold doesn't need the money and he's too young and too ambitious to sell now. Maybe someday, but not now. In the meantime, he can stick it to the big boys with small, strategic acquisitions. If/when he does sell it will be at a much higher premium than available today.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah...he's the sausage king of Chicago.