Rare Disease BU

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Feb 26, 2015 at 6:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any NBU reps apply for these positions? If so, what's been the response? Have these positions been offered to anyone in Neuroscience ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think NBU reps will even sniff a rare disease spot then you are more retarded than K Kobe

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why? Last time I checked NBU reps are driving revenue every quarter. rare disease finds what, 2 or 3 patients a year?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is your reasoning?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The skills needed are not the same. Or in this case the lack of skill of a reach and frequency rep who runs a call plan and does what they are told is not a match. Show me anyone who made the leap.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the skills of a RD rep? Acting busy to justify their job since they have hardly any patients using their product.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to train there own people???

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You idiots have no clue. Face it, what you do a monkey could step in and handle.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok wise one. Enlighten us. What are the skills
    That Rare disease reps have that NBU reps lack or could not learn through training?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Selling for one .....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many of the sales reps at Shire were hired away from successful SALES jobs. Payroll, Car Sales, Copier Sales, Software etc. I also would like to know why they wouldn't hire their own people for the Rare Disease unit.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Weak reply. Could you be more specific?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually laughed out loud at this one. You were hired from these "entry-level" sales jobs because they are known to churn and burn people. Also they are very regimented where you do exactly as told and do not deviate. Thats really old Shire mentality.

Instead of looking for answers here, why don't some of you "great sales reps" reach out to a Rare Disease rep and talk to them for yourself? Typical pharma rep, can't figure it out on your own huh?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma or med sales isn't hard. Clueless pharma/med execs. Are clueless they disqualify so man good sales reps. At the end of the day it's sales, relationships, hardwork & drive. I know many great sales reps with no degree that would kill it in pharma/med sales. There are phRma reps that would kill it in med sales. On the flip side there are so many stupid pharma/Med reps with degrees and advanced degrees that are a waste of a body.. One example is a rep in the west that is lazy and stupid and has an MBA. This rep is so lazy and dumb this rep had to bolster their call #'s so they back dated BED calls to Jan. 30th on micro targets... BED was approved on Jan 30 and micro targets didn't come out till Feb. 3. This stupid "educated" rep just created a legal/compliance issue for the company. Pharma needs to stop requiring a 4 year degree. Most with a BA/BS read & comprehend at a 7th grade level. I interviewed for an injectable position with a company and they said not having experience hurt me... Really, knowledge is easy to gain, it's the sales experience with success that is important. Any nitwit can learn marketing BS, it's the application that is important.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think what you want, justify all that you want. Unless you have sold device, don't compare upgrading someone to a full size car with GPS is not the same as selling a medical device (or rare disease). Besides anything that you knew back then has been washed out of you here.. And Yes, I have done both. I'm actually glad to be back selling pills, device wasn't all that it's made out to be- unless you have ZERO life outside of work.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This rep may be all the things you said. But I can tell you this, the rep did not create a compliance issue, the company did. Why would you be able to backdate a BED call in the system? I get back dating calls from a day or even a week ago because of ipad issues or calls you inadvertently forgot or otherwise were not able to enter, but BED shouldn't have been an option in the system. The rep could have had the scenario and simply went back and blindly checked the boxes based on memory mixing up the dates or had a slip of the finger and scrolled to the wrong date. It happens. The company can prevent legal/compliance issues by learning the sales tools and thinking through these scenarios before they deploy them the sales force. They are paid more than enough money to do so.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is your excuse... Really, then you are as stupid as the other Rep. There are times you need to back date, but not a month or do back. And the fact they back dated calls on micro targets before the lists came out, please. Call a spade a spade, the rep is fixing doctoring the call numbers.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Device is no more technical than selling pharma, copiers or chemicals. Really it is nothing special. One is not born with med/device experience. If others started with no exp. then any good rep can too. Don't think too highly of yourself. Really, it's a different product, different environment, different market that is it. A good sales rep will learn, adapt and thrive. It's not rocket science. Please!!! This is the problem with society, it's about higher someone with experience, not capability.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Real sales is sales. I will give it to you, copier sales, payroll sales, industrial sales, uniform sales, software, and any other job that requires you to prospect, cold call, get a contract, or has a short selling cycle without having a relationship can compare to selling in rare disease or device. But car sales, retail or anything else where the customers come to you looking to buy a product doesn't compare. Pharma sales is not your typical sales person. People that are only good at relationship building won't make it a day in a real sales. Stick to pushing pills and making friends. That works well with a well known product and well known disease. Until you have had to sell in a unknown market with unknown products to customers who don't even know if they need or want what you are selling you know nothing about sales.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask PS about doctoring numbers. What leadership does the rest may follow. Although, I am still not willing to execute the rep yet. They may have accidentally changed the date a month back. I know you haven't used the IPAD, but I agree with the point the poster was making. It's a simple scroll to pick the date. If you are careless with it, its very easy to enter the wrong date. I have done it many of times. Even if the rep did catch it, once you hit submit you can't change it in the system. Many of times you don't even catch it though. I once entered a call 3 times because I didn't see it show up under the day I entered it. Turns out I was entering it for the wrong date. Does that make me unethical or lazy? Not at all. I may not be tech savvy but unethical and lazy are harsh words. You need to understand that most of us have never used ipads before. Its new to all of us and the training was very minimal on it. We are all learning as we go along. If its a legal and compliance issue than do your due-diligence to eliminate legal issues. Put proper measures in place, provide proper training, or allow the ability to edit when you catch a mistake. Who's the lazy one here?