New Expense Guidelines

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2015 at 5:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope it's worth it, pissing off an entire sales force mid launch for an extra couple bucks. Cost of living goes up every year, taxes are way up, and here is Shire raking in outstanding returns only to squeeze even more from their employees.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not one to sweat the small stuff but reimbursement has gone down $55/month in the past year ($660 for a year). That's real money -not taxed-as costs go up. Basically, depending on how much of a raise you got that could eliminate your in pocket after tax raise for 2014. Is it going to change my standard of living? Of course not. But what it does show is yet even more lack of respect for a sales force that has been working their butts off not only doing a launch but mindless menial tasks that add no value to our job. Oh-and we still perform and grow. BS

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Before anybody goes off and claims I can't do math-up until a year ago cel and Internet reimburent was $180. It's now gone down to $125. That's ridiculous

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just want my Patagonia jacket. Patagonia jackets make men happy, it will in the future, and in its nature produces happiness. The fact that I currently have NO Patagonia jackets makes want 1 Patagonia jacket more.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our senior leadership will get richer once they sell us. I am glad to sacrifice $55 a month to make that happen. Take more of my money please!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So many of these responses on these threads are plain ridiculous that it truly makes me think KK and/or PS have people posting phony responses as a distraction.

Either way-it's not just this expense that has me reeling. It's all the tedious BS tasks as well. And if they are cutting this reimbursement are you people really dumb enough tonthinknthey won't consider cutting other things? How long do you think the 401k matching will last at the current rate or the fitness reimbursment. The additional benefits all go into ones decision to take a job or stay with a company. I wouldn't surprise me to see other things cut down the line as well seeing as how much they have already changed the fabric of this company. Keep your eyes open and stop putting your head in the sand. They don't give a crap about this sales force!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep this just IRRiTATED the sh*t out of me. Cut cut cut.
    Shire makes sooo much money, this is just disturbing

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should look up the word "sarcasm".

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the past under previous leadership, Shire strived to make this organization one that people really WANTED to work for. They cared about its employees and it showed in how they led. Now what we have is a poor excuse for leadership where "performance" is a veil they hide behind and they basically don't care if you like it here or not. "If you don't like it, leave" is the mentality.

My advice to you is if you miss the old Shire that rewarded it's employees and strived to make people enjoy their company, then go out and look for it. The old Shire is long gone but others out there are similar without this lame excuse for leadership.

Thanks Perry... who actually said on stage "I care about growth, not people". What a class act!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to say I don't read CP for sarcasm. It's pointless and just annoys people

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok - Decreases ALWAYS suck! But this is not/ was never intended to be a source of income (small as it may be) but it was...

If you are spending more than than $125 you need to "re-shop" your services... And this reimbursement is not meant to fund your entire family's internet.
    Are you saying that you wouldn't pay for a portion of this yourself if you weren't in the industry?
    If it's that big if a deal - pay your neighbor $10/month to log onto their wireless.

I know this sounds like - "homer" corp-RD response, but you known that you have to agree with it. ( taking the less $ is never better into consideration)

Trust me - the grass is not always greener....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately this is a truth - we are in a business. And growth pays bills - development of people does not.... You also bitched when we were not getting paid for sales didn't you? Sales /revenue/growth pays our salary, bonuses, benefits. It's a fact - whether you want to hear it or not..... Helping patients is also great- but corporations don't stay in business helping patients and losing money .... The ugly truth right? But we all know this...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I might not have a problem with your statement except for one thing-we are growing and sales has been doing well. We are not a financially unstable company wondering if we are going to be able to keep the sorta open or not. Is cutting expenses to piss employees off really going to make a difference on the bottom line? We are not hurting for cash. I get that business is business. But really what is the point of cutting?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wait until they take away our storage units, ask for higher reimbursement on personal miles, and crack down on personal fuel purchases. Don't think for even a second that this is the last you'll hear of this.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So sarcasm is pointless, brainiac? lol

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Three words - They Don't Care!!!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a tool.