Catalent Pharma goes offshore

Discussion in 'Catalent Pharma Solutions' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2011 at 4:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Catalent Pharma Solutions has decided to move production of the very popular Advil Liqui-Gels from its Saint Petersburg Florida facility to their expanded facility in Buenos Aires Argentina. The move has shifted nearly thirty-percent of its production from the Florida plant to Argentina.

As a result, this month Catalent has begun laying-off their America hourly workers at the Saint Petersburg plant and has hired new workers in Argentina.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

......and patients are becoming more and more hesitant to buy medication produced off shore for fear of poor quality control. They don't bother to see which products are made offshore and often just refuse to buy anything made by the company. Reduced overhead and tax incentives don't mean much if the customer ain't buying.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's going on at Catalent St Pete these days? I hear on other boards the St. Petersburg plant had cut employees down to 36 hours a week, eliminated some positions and the place is so poorly run now, the experienced workers are leaving and being replaced with temp workers and low paid inexperienced people. They say everything from quality to housekeeping has been affected, I'm sure glad I didn't take that position there, but every so often I check to see what's happening over there since it's nearby and still had some cars in the parking lot. Years ago this was considered one of the top places in the state to work, you never hear that anymore.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Catalent is just becoming another Pharma company cutting costs to pump out cheap medicine for people to buy. It isn't necessarily their fault. They are just copying other companies and trying to stay in the rat race.

I wouldn't take a job there these days.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do you say you would not take a job at ST. Pete Catalent these days?
    They have tons of open positions. Got poor FDA review. Besides that what is going on there?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Employees are treated poorly. Departments loosing multiple people a month as employees find opportunities elsewhere. Extremely chaotic, not the time to accept an offer there, run the other way!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Give example of employee being treated poorly.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Engineering department and Manufacturing is fine. Which department is crappy?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree run the other way! This place just hires mostly minorities who can not speak english very well and are in need of a low pay job. Mandatory weekend hours. Lots of micromanaging. Only reason to work at St. Pete site is because you prefer this over working at burger king. Non-minorities have the hire positions here. We all can see.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YES, the purpose is to Make Catalent Great Again. Trump Supporters like myself here will make sure this happens.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, what's with the hatred against minorities. CMOs and pharma manufacturing like catalent overall pay ok. Overseeing employees is essential when working in regulated environments (you may call it micromanagement); if you feel micromanaged, the company is doing its job. If employees on the floor were to be left on their own, quality would suffer greatly. You do not understand cGMP Manufacturing. Please quit pharmaceutical manufacturing and go to food retail (burger king). HOWEVER, you will also encounter minorities there, and your hatred for them will just be greater.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too much complaining from people who couldn't cut it. Go back to the thousands of other crappy jobs and let us do our thing.