ConvaTec

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Apr 26, 2007 at 8:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any information on ConvaTec? Pay, management, etc.? Rumor mill states they'll be sold off from BMS?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good pay. Good management. Industry leader in Wound and Skin care. BMS is not going to sell the only Division that turns a profit for them.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good management ?... you are wrong. ConvaTec has great products but the manangement are awful, you really have to trust me here. The manufacturing outsourcing to the Dominican R was shocking, they lost millions and back orders went through the roof, and yes the majority of the management who decided to do it are still there. The place is run in true BMS political Machiavellian style, you also have to be male !

ConvaTec is a gold mine to anyone who wants to spin it off and ditch the management and run it professionally.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I highly agree with you on that one, I have first hand experience.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS IS selling them off. The sale should go through within the next 4-8 weeks. BMS is unloading them for a profit. I also have first hand experience. It is still the old boys club in regard to mgt.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Convatec is living on its past success. It is probably one FDA visit away from having its inflated value being wiped out overnight. Outdated machinery, staff victimisation,lack of any apparent clue over what validation controls are a legal requirement,strange relocations to the Dominican Republic.
    Bringing in consultant management firms to streamline the business clearly indicates that the current directors are clueless, more interested in trying to not be accused of nepotism.(but what do you expect when the guy in charge at Deeside used to drive forklift trucks for a living, no offence to forklift truck drivers as they usually know there arse from there elbow)Anyone at a middle management level that was any good has jumped ship leaving the crap behind.
    Anyone looking to buy them out will surely only be interested in the woundcare section.The ostomy side of the company is in such a mess that even its economies of scale are being eroded by the lack of decent strategic management that any potential investor will be aware of.
    Woundcare is a good well run section that unfortunately is suffering due to the lack of direction provided by its senior managers.
    I for one feel sorry for the general staff who will undoubtedly be the ones to suffer from the lack leadership. I really hope that somone takes them over and saves convatec from themselves.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any word on what was said at today's town hall meeting in the home office?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was employed at Deeside. I can tell you, the stacker truck driver is/was a freemason. There's far more to tell, but unfortunately I'm gagged, as ConvaTec forced me to sign an undertaking not to be critical of the company, or face prosecution.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what happened at Deeside?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who gives a rats ass...now go pack a few more boxes of Duoderm before they start manufacturing it in Vietnam or Mexico

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...or Somalia, I hear pirates work cheap. Left Convatec earlier this year-added years to my life and more money to my paycheck. You are right, who gives a rat's ass about Deeside, I never did, and I don't give a shit anymore about Cesspool Convatec either. Adios!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you obviously have anger issues! good riddance.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ConvaTec obviously gives a rat's ass, otherwise they wouldn't have an extremely weak, in my opinion, undertaking in place. Maybe I should test the undertaking!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, Mr. Steadman, I DID have anger issues, having left Convatec I have regained my composure, happiness, and health. You, my dear munchkin, need to spend less time on The Cafe and polish up your resume as your Cpnvatec perp walk is imminent, so my friends in Skillman tell me, as this inevitability is their most fervent wish.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the f*** are u talking about? Why dont you test the undertaker

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know what they say about Freemasons: It's only 99percent of them that get the rest a bad name!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of the Untertaker, when is Convatec's last day, death bed wait is killing all of us?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who gives a rat's ass? There were issues at ConvaTec that would have affected the value of the company before it was sold by BMS. BMS were fully aware of those issues. The new ConvaTec owners may also be fully aware of those issues. Also, their backers may be fully aware. The question then remains, would the issues be material to any subsequent owner of ConvaTec? In my opinion they would. So in answer to your question, who gives a rat's ass? I would say future owners of ConvaTec will give a rat's ass, that's who.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There have been postings for several hospital wound care positions in the NYC area. Before I apply, why are there so many openings? If the manager is bonkers, need to know that, too, please.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BEWARE....