Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone provide some honest feedback on Cooper Surgical? I am interested in the Surgical Sales position and have had little luck researching the potential pros and cons. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not a veteran by any means but I have been in surg sales for 3 years and have never come across a cooper rep in the OR. I know their main product is the Rumi Uterine Manipulator but ConMed has one that seems to have wrapped up the market. good or bad????

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word has it that they are going from distributor to direct. That could play a major role on presence in the hospitals, etc.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had an interview with this company last year and was not selected. During my research I spoke with a Doctor who is a friend and he said that the have very good products but they are somewhat dated products. Not a lot of opportunity for growth unless they have some new products in the pipeline. Good Luck!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewd for a Western Region position and was not selected. Ironically I sold half of their product lines over the years before they were acquired by Cooper Surgical. Most of Cooper Surgical's product portfolio are GYN based call points in the OR. Products like the Filshie Clips (tubal sterilization), Uterine Manipulator, Scott Retractor for Vaginal Hysterectomies. Good established lines. I hear quotas are set high and with substantial % increases each year. I didn't get past the first interview probably because I knew a lot more about the surgical procedures than the hiring manager.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do yourself a favor! Do not go near Cooper Surgical! They have a new VP of the Surgical division. The guy says he is from US Surgical. CLAIMS to know all these people, but does not! From what I hear from the South East reps in the field who I see, the VP is destroying the company. He drags down the reps in the field, insults them, I heard he himself has been in one or maybe two surguires and that is all. I wonder what happened to the Old VP?
    They probably canned him when the company was doing great. Now, Cooper Surgical puts a new guy out there as a VP and no one respects him in the South East or the West. I see their reps in the field, they over charge for all their products. They have a new uterine manipulator that the reps in the west ( California and Arizona) said had to be recalled! Also, they only get input on a new product from a couple of surgeons to develop a device.
    Not major players here. They like to find brainless sales reps the VP can intimidate!
    Cooper Surgical is a JOKE!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any good/bad info on the Cooper Surgical division that sells her Option?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only device company that has had 20% growth for it's entire existence . I have averaged over 270 k each year . You would be lucky to rep this company as an independent rep if you have skills and relationships .
    Funny how people who don't know give information that they think is factual .
    Great products great people oh and they just acquired another great company.
    FYI once you hit your base commission jumps to 25 % on top of 15% to base
    Since you are independent you can have many lines so FYI my gross commission combined is over 7 figures ..... Yes that means i paid more in taxes than most reps earn
    Have a great weekend I am

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you. Now go fuck yourself. Good day!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's be honest, whether the new VP is the real deal or not, the sales force, which are direct reflection of the sales managers at Cooper Surgical, are a disgrace.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What makes you say that the reps are a joke? Are they competitors of yours? Do you work with them in any capacity?

I'm looking for some information because I'm interviewing for a position with this company.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you know much about the direct side of company? I'm interviewing for a position with their direct sales force and down to the final stages. Thanks in advance for your help!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gotta chuckle at how many people really know nothing except what is in the little world that the companies, tell them.
    I am independent , not direct but will tell you cooper surgical division Ct closure, Rumi , Lonestar, See-clear and more to come is an awesome company.
    direct reps make less than the independents , but you get all the joy of working for any company ...detalied slaes reports etc.
    You also get the benifits and salary. ether way this company is an awesome company.They are buying other companies and have over 20% sales growth every year .
    Dont listen to the boneheads who dont know or wish the could work for cooper .
    Proably you can earn 150 170 easy .
    Very lean and quick to react company .
    They are a real sales driven vs market driven org.
    VERY GENEROUS COMP PLAN .

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks a bunch for the detailed explanation. You mention something in your email that's a bit different from what the hiring manager mentioned today. The piece about there being detailed sales reports. He mentioned today that the one downside to the company is the fact that the direct reps only get a daily usage summary and have no way of manipulating the data to look at trends, buying patterns, etc. Is this something that may be specific to the distributor rep? Also, would it be ok if I contacted you live to pick your brain a little?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its called dashboard . we get are sales sent to us everyday . what division are you looking at

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Women's Health

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CTR division that sells Her Option Cryoablation

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's the same division as you w/Rumi, Carter Thomason, etc.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on the poor spelling and grammar, I'd say the message above comes from one of the many Cooper employees with a low IQ.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can tell you that Cooper is a very reputabel company with good managment. As someone pointed out earlier, they grow at an average of 20%. Also, the company is continuing to aquire other product lines. At this point in time, I couldnt be happier with my career, income, managment, and amount of time put into my business.