It's over - SDI bites the dust (official)

Discussion in 'Surveillance Data' started by Anonymous, Nov 3, 2011 at 8:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The waiting is over, SDI is now a part of IMS. For the doubters I refer you to the SDI web site:

http://www.sdihealth.com/

"SDI is now part of IMS. Together we look forward to providing you: Enriched information offerings, more extensive analytical tools, expanded services"

For those who will be separated from SDI (re: IMS) it will be unsettling for some, but there are many good opportunities out there and just retain faith in yourself and abilities, and keep moving forward. For those who can do nothing but complain and criticize, they are best ignored (as the losers they have always been).

Good luck to all.

Good luck to IMS. They need a complete overall and rebuild if they are to regain the confidence of many of their (former) clients.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UNFAIR POST! IMS needs us. There are nothing, zero, nada, zilch, very little, struggling with out SDI. A new spot and assigned parking space has been set aside for Andrew and his team. The PE boys funded an office expansion project. In fact Harrison Bowles has been hired to design the new space. The brain trust has erupted and have requested the Klowers to pitch in. Robert Beckmann is currently speaking to F. J. Hansen to lock up their existing client commitments. Fact is all is falling into place. Rip it!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP with a few more comments… So the name of the street leading into the site is now IMS Way (was SDI Way), and the IMS signage is out front with the IMS flag. SDI has sailed off into the sunset. So what happens now? With IMS likely moving back to Plymouth Meeting from Collegeville and into their former building, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them try to consolidate everyone into that building and abandon the former SDI site which is less than a mile away. Why pay those additional site maintenance costs and taxes? This may mean doubling up in offices and cubes and having the sales force working from home offices with hoteling space only offered to them on-site. Some C-suite management genius will likely recommend off-shoring parts or all of the (SDI) data management which nearly always ends in disaster (most senior managers just have no idea about data), and if I was told to train my third-world replacement, I would just leave that day as a matter of principal regardless of any incentive they offered to stay. I would also get rid of the visionary dim witted turkeys within the former SDI who recommended to AK and GK the leveraged buyout of Verispan which lead to this disaster for SDI. Workers should always keep in mind that management only cares about themselves and their own necks, and in meeting the goals set for them by the C-suite, regardless of whether it's a private or public company. You likely don't realize how much power you have, and don't be seduced by slimy sweet-talking executives who promise you this and that, with the ra ra one team speeches, knowing all the time that they are only interested in meeting their own goals, and that they may intend to wack you and show you the door without any hesitation. IMS, or the new IMS as they want to be now known as, finds themselves in a very competitive and rapidly evolving healthcare services space with many new and innovative players, and there are many options out there for everyone. The IMS business model that was based primarily on the targeting and compensation business supporting pharma and their sales force is dead, with IMS getting those numbers right some of the time (and a big reach out from many pharma sales forces with a f*ck you for getting it wrong a lot of the time – just read any pharma board that used IMS data for complaints), and now IMS is trying to reinvent themselves with new services and offertings. So be brave, move on, and enjoy the rewards of the new and evolving healthcare services space that's out there, and leave behind those idiot executives who have bought you to this place in your career. You all can do it, believe in yourself, and good luck. The water is just fine, and I’ll see you out here (and we're always looking for good people)!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cracks me up -do any of you idiots actually work for IMS or SDI? The truth is that IMS admitted they made a mistake in moving to Collegeville and are moving the whole company into SDIs building which will be retrofitted to fit everyone except sales people who shold be working out of their houses in the first place. Get your facts straight morons!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retrofitted????????? SDI was such a huge failure thanks to the contributions from JR, DA, TL, and soooo many others that the only thing that will be retrofitted will be their place o the unemployment line. If IMS is so stupid not to recognize this than the clients certainly will! Let's not forgot the down fall of SDI started when they bought Verispan and all those that came with have to go.....Why let history repeat itself??????????????????

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hard to believe, but between Verispan and SDI, 5 out of 5 of my bosses were fired/laid off. When 100% of your bosses are let go, something is very wrong with a company. Once, my entire department was brought into a room. As we looked around, they told us, "If you're here, you're safe." Half the department was let go - and this was not during lay-offs. It was like Survivor. At Verispan, a full 50% of my department did not have a college degree, and it showed. Egos, immaturity, and unprofessionalism run rampant at SDI... of course the company was going to fall. Most who were young and talanted used their experience at both companies for what it was worth, watched for signs, and jumped ship early. I've never posted before becuase it seemed mean-spirited, but now I think there's hope for the employees. SDI was a sick company that made very bad decisions, had little integrity to their data or in their people, and was so poorly managed. I don't know much of IMS, but it can't be worse. Providing most people keep their jobs, I'd think this change would be great news. It's like... America swooping in to save the day by taking over some war-torn country in distress. (OK, not the best analogy, don't shoot me, but my point is, it's gotta get better now..)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the previous poster - all these disgruntled employees and ex-employees that keep whining about the 'failures of' - its BORING. GET A LIFE. If you are employed elsewhere good, but if you work for IMS now via whatever reason, make the best of it, learn new things, run a side business, buy a franchise, further your education. But to keep posing all this nonsense on here is worse than all the crap on Facebook - why dont you start complaining about AK, TL, DA and all the rest on there too.....LOL............shouldnt you be working....? Is IMS the greatest company on earth? Probably not, but no company is. Stop complaining about Verispan, SDI and the like.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bottom line is - no matter how you cut it - is that the management of SDI was so poor that is it any wonder so many have been laid-off in the past. If it wasn't that lack of a college degree is was the ego's of those who believed they were better than most resulted in FAILURE for the company. Tell me one thing that JR succeeded with since he was associated with Verispan. Sure he'll tell you he left before the company failed...but he failed in his own right. Some may not want to accept that but if the Verispan and SDI management was worth their salt, do you think so many employees will be facing the unemployment line just before the holidays? Many can no longer cover their asses , blame their subordinates for their failures, and run and hide!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true - SDI had some really bad [and still continues to have bad] management. They made poor egotistical decisions that cost them and they will never admit it. There are too many egos involved and not sound business decisions. Kress makes ego decisions, not logical ones or they never would have bought that POS company Verispan. That mess was a failure of Quintiles and McKesson to start with and SDI went right along with it in hoping they could fix it.Stupid SOBs. Thats why the 800 lb gorilla known as IMS cant be any worse - but then again they cant ever keep a CEO longer than 6 months....................

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ironic thing is that several salespeople and supportive staff came from IMS. Do those people in particular think they will be saved? How many failures will IMS management allow to come back? If your answer is "none", you are soooooo right!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been waiting for this carnage for quite some time. A few more strokes and my masterpiece will be complete.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wait till they make the cubes smaller to fit 800 people in the SDI building. Or just make the sales people work from home all the time....why are they in the building anyways - for the coffee? They should be at clients all the time not bs'ing around in the building...so where is the new CEO gonna sit - in Kress's old office.........?

And guess what, all you dress-clothes snobs - the only hot food you are going to get in PM is the buritos in the machine when you warm it up in a microwave! Join the rest of the population and bring your damn lunch!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad to see that the expression "Pay Back Is A Bitch" lives on! Lives on you say? Well when miserable failures like DA, TL, KP, and sooooo many others find themselves on the unemployment line, it will prove that it does!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty soon, we will all learn to walk the IMS way, talk the IMS way, eat the IMS way, sleep the IMS way...........

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And learn that kissing the butts of those in SDI management who remain will serve no purpose but a ticket to unemployment checks as those like mentionedin previoys emails will be gone by the first of the year.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SDI had management? I didnt know that - i thought all they had was a bunch of snobby bigshot wannabees. If IMS keeps all those 'manager' assholes, they deserve that they get. So did they start making the cubes smaller yet - i heard they will all be 4' x 4'....LOL.

SDI wasnt the worst company around - that award would have to go to Veriscam previously - thats what you got when you put a lawyer in charge........

So IMS has a new Americas president - will this guy last longer than 6 months?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SDI was the greatest company in the Delaware Valley to work for. They were smart and hardworking entrepreneurs who brought value to clients and created an awesome work environment. I will miss the camaraderie and friendships I have made. Thanks AK!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should say - thanks GK - he's the one that put AK in charge and ran the company into the ground and forced to sell it!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best thing that ever happened in the Delaware Valley? Will you say the same when the only job you can get is shoveling xxxx or doing a tour in Afghanistan? If you really think the SDI people will survive you really don't know what the future hilds. AK will decide who leaves today, tomorrow, and next week..In the end he is nothing more than a figure head with no place to go but to hell!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm hearing that April 1 will be National Hair Gel Day at IMS. And Kress will give a special presentation to the new CEO...you didnt the think the current new one will last 6 months did you.:)