Best wound care centers in the US

Discussion in 'Wound Healing' started by InsanePath, Oct 22, 2009 at 4:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. InsanePath

InsanePath Guest

I really want to know who is the best. I am open to travel anywhere in the US but I want the best.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For flat out great care and outcomes there is one that is in my territory in Northern Ohio. They seperate themselves from the other centers in the area quite well, and as far as I can tell have among the best results I have heard of. Mercy Health System in Toledo. Doc's all speak about how great of a service they have for the community.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay away from any wound care centers managed by National Healing! You can forget quality patient care being allowed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

National Healing sells hospitals a bill of goods but never deliver on their promises. The company and management are a joke!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true. I have heard from many doc's talk about those centers. I think they have two and are highly regarded.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are also very rude as well. I complained to the hospital after listening to this young man screaming at a nurse and doctor only to find out that he was not a hospital employee but that of a managment company called National Healing. I was also upset that my father had to wait for over 2 hours for his appointment. This was in Florida and you can be sure that we changed treatment centers as patient care was not something that this company was concerned with at all! I'm a pharma rep and was appalled at their lack of professionalism in front of patients.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a wound care doc and was delighted when they put a wound care center in town. Yes, at first, the patients migrated there like flies to shit but when they realized that the docs were the same names they had seen before, just under a new shingle, they came looking for real wound care. They have a great sales pitch though. They tell the docs that in a 5 day course, they will become experts and heal all these wounds and then they promise them big money from the hyperbarics. CMS is watching them like hawks and when outcomes measures become the norm, these franchise places will be ripe targets. 40 dives, lot of antibiotics anf the wounds don't change a bit...great training!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is what happens when hospitals contract out to NATIONAL HEALING. The name of the game is BILLING!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is really a travesty is to watch these "wound care physicians" being chastised for not doing enough debridements or not diving 40 or 60 times when a patient has good insurance. I saw this happen on the East coast of Florida when JAY from the National Healing corporate office visited and yelled at the doctors that they would be fired unless they did additional procedures. I was just a PRN nurse filling in for a few weeks but feel that these type of tactics are so unprofessional and make it bad for those of us who just want to administer proper patient care. They were scheduling so many high acuity patients in 15 minute intevals which makes it impossible for the nurses and doctors to do their jobs. I would never work full time in any clinic run by this National Healing Company. My license is also on the line.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't blame you at all. The program Director at the Wound Care Center in Jupiter left because of Jay H. He's so unethical. He manages by fear and intimidation.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

National Healing has been booted out of every hospital contract they had in the Tampa Bay area. They lost 5 contracts due to poor management and unethical practices.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WCA is interesting too....over promise and.....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wound Care Centers are a SHAM! get paid for more visits and dont care about healing anything in the short term. They are a raquet to its highest form. They are making a ton of money, so much that National/Diversified want to come in and manage and skim with their money making techniques. Scrape it? They will take something that can be healed in 4 weeks out to 16-20 and wont let the physicians do what they want to do to get it over with. The proof is there and that market is about to change. Medicare is the last to realize it but they are getting fleeced and it will change. Physicians are about to take this practice back. Its long overdue

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cafepharma needs a "like" button!!!!

15. My granddaughter is clostrafobia and cannot handle the closed chamber she has to go in for two hours five days a week. Is there any other way can get treatment?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seek out a wound center with a multi chamber in your area

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A new device is available in Europe and the fascinating results are on their website (if they are true). Hopefully they go for FDA approval as it seems amazing.

www.flowAid.com
    See for yourself.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company everyone is speaking harshly towards known as National Healing is now called Healogics. It is the largest wound care company in the country. So clearly they are doing something right. If you ever have any concerns contact the corporate office in Jacksonville Florida located on Belfort road and ask for the CEO David Bassin. Trust me when I tell you, he cares about patients and he will not tolerate any patient getting mistreated. He will not tolerate any staff getting mistreated nor staff mistreating patients.